Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Superbowl 50 Carolina Panthers v Denver Broncos ***Official Match Thread***

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
They could have put it on earlier to take account of the important British TV audience.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
As I understand it the Panthers are in Charlotte, North Carolina which is near the border of North Carolina and South Carolina so to be more inclusive they are called Carolina. Their quarterback is Cam Newton who is versatile in that he can run like a running player or throw like a traditional quarterback. His opponent is Peyton Manning of the Denver Broncos. He is a more traditional quarterback who hands the ball to the running players and throws passes to the receiving players. Newton is big and muscular and hard to bring to the ground (tackle). Peyton is the older much more experienced player who has won a Super Bowl in the past. Newton is young and looking to win his first Super Bowl.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Watch on BBC2 or SkySports though??

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Without wishing to contribute to the Little Englander 'I hate the Superbowl' thread, lady Gaga doing the National Anthem...... Really? :eek:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
She looked like a drag queen, perhaps she meant to ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just heard BBC are not taking the CBS feed so no Simms or Nantz - has to be sky for me now even though I was going to watch the BBC

What feed are the BBC taking then ?

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
What feed are the BBC taking then ?

I read it was an international one, not sure how true that is. I think the cameras will be the same but it wont have CBS on them and will have different commentators - possibly ones that dont normally call as I suspect they would be contracted - again this is just my guess we will soon see

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
BBC for me.

Can't believe Clare Balding isn't presenting it.

Though I note from Twitter that she is evidently watching it, so perhaps next season :lol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Good start by Manning

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Huge QB sack and TD Denver

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here