Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Super Paul Mullin

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Someone who had such a great work ethic and was so career driven that he dropped from league one to playing in the national league. That absolutely wasn’t for the money. Nope, not at all. Definitely not.

Absolutely laughable suggestion that ‘he’d be worth a punt’. He wouldn’t be worth a punt even if we were bottom half of the Championship, let alone challenging for the top six of the PL.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
The most outrageous part of this thread is just how much the OP is blinded by the Wrexham propaganda.

If we were going to sign a striker who played in the National League this season* then surely we’d go for Macaulay Langstaff who is younger, didn’t drop down two divisions for a payday and who scored 42 league goals compared to Mullins 38 despite the fact he doesn’t talk penalties and Mullins scored 9 penalties.

I suppose Langstaff doesn’t play for a team with cool famous owners though he’s shit.

*I’d like to make it clear that we shouldn’t do this at all

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Surely this thread is due for a few 'whoosh' replies?

Credit to the OP, he's certainly reeled a few in.
I was thinking that after I replied! I think we've all been Crodo'd!

Anyway, if we're after a lower league striker there's a better bet than Mullins: a lad who plays for Coventry in the Championship, he's scored 21 goals already this season at a higher level than Mullins. His name's Victor Yoikories or something.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I suspect the Hollywood boys will constantly upgrade the squad. Mullin won’t be there in a couple of seasons and it won’t be because he’s playing Premier League :lolol:
It does amaze me that Americans are suddenly going mad for soccerball - and the version they find so thrilling is the National League. It's going to blow their mind if they ever watch a European game.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I've got a mate who once watched Deadpool and he reckons this guy is cachu-house...

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
he is probably playing at 2 divisions below his level and is in his prime playing for the best team in the league. Unsurprisingly he has absolutely blown that division apart. Be interesting to see how he does next year

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Didn’t Nathan Elder score about 70 goals in a season in the Preston Park League Division 6 North Field 2nd XI when we signed him?

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Someone who had such a great work ethic and was so career driven that he dropped from league one to playing in the national league. That absolutely wasn’t for the money. Nope, not at all. Definitely not.

Absolutely laughable suggestion that ‘he’d be worth a punt’. He wouldn’t be worth a punt even if we were bottom half of the Championship, let alone challenging for the top six of the PL.
If the documentary is to be believed, he was looking for a club nearer Liverpool as he missed his young children.

Wrexham were offering a good salary and a better work life balance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here