Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
I lose about 1-2 pairs every summer so cheap and cheerful for me

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Another vote for Maui Jims. Not cheap, especially as they are varifocals but I did manage to find a half price deal so suggest you shop around (or maybe checkout a supplier in the US). Ideal for general use, driving, cycling and swimming. They are lightweight, very secure and a comfortable fit, with no need for a lanyard.

The only caution I would make is they seem a tad flimsy and do need care in use. Despite never dropping them I am already on my 3rd repair in 2 years. However the service is excellent, very swift and on each occasion some, if not all of the repair including lenses, have been covered under warranty with no haggling.:cool:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The only caution I would make is they seem a tad flimsy and do need care in use. Despite never dropping them I am already on my 3rd repair in 2 years. However the service is excellent, very swift and on each occasion some, if not all of the repair including lenses, have been covered under warranty with no haggling.:cool:

This is not a good advert for them is it?

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
This is not a good advert for them is it?

OK, but on reflection they get very hard use across all sorts of activities, year round, for over 2 years and they are varifocals, which are essential for me. This seems 'ok' for proper tight fitting sports wrap-around style specs. They are particularly good for activities such as cycling and now never have to worry about impacts from bugs etc. To be fair both repairs probably resulted from my own over exuberance in use - although I wouldn't say they have been abused.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
This, and only this :cool::cool::cool:

Top-Gun.jpg

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Don't buy anything under £9.99 as they will be crap and possibly not offer the UV protection you need. Aim for the £15- £30 bracket as that will buy you a reasonable frame and lenses of enough quality to protect your eyes. Over £30 and you are getting a slightly better quality frame and lenses and maybe a nice posy designer pair with a big loud name on the side but, its going to hurt when you wake up and realise you have left them on that picnic table outside the pub.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
The ones Weller wore in the 'Precious' video:

precious.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports