Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunderland v Liverpool

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Four hours since Liverpool last scored on the road? You mean they were playing street football this afternoon?

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Can't be easy atm!

You reckon you will stay up or doomed?
Its not! Really dont know, changes every week at the moment a few weeks back felt a little more confident now results have not gone our way both for us and those outside of relegation (as in winning) and most of that confidence is now lost!

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
I think it was shortly after the handball you refer to (assuming you mean the incident on the right wing just before a shot - which I think was accidental, so not an offence) - after the cross and shot, it came out to a liverpool player who tried a long range effort, went towards brown who brought his arms down as it headed toward his stomach. Commentators didn't mention it, but looked clear to me. Thought there was enough distance for it not to be unreasonable to get his arms out of the way, he moved his arms towards the ball. Of course, since they didn't make an issue of it, they haven't shown a replay, so I might have misjudged it.

Genuinely missed that and as you say the sky team must have missed it also as there was no talk or replays about it

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Typical, used to goals going in the 46th min this year but its normally 45+1 such a lucky goal as well given one of their players just poor defending yet again. Looks like the Liverpool fans turned up at half time not heard them all game

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Only seen the second half, but it looked like a pretty crap quality game of football. Not much of an advert for the PL. Sunderland look like they haven't the first clue how to score a goal, & have a fair few players on a lot of money who don't appear to put much effort in.

Liverpool haven't looked all that either.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Can't be easy atm!

You reckon you will stay up or doomed?

Back to doomed feeling after tonight, we should have won that game and most other teams in the league would have done tonight, Liverpool are so poor and Klopp is an absolute cant just moans the whole time, wonder how he felt about the wind in the north east tonight

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Sunderland have had a tough run of fixtures but there's no quality whatsoever in that team at the moment. Big Sam needs to spend a lot of money in January just to give them a glimmer of hope of staying up.

I think it's been a really poor 2015 for the Premier League. After the Tottenham 5-3 Chelsea match on New Year's Day, even Sky would have to admit it's gone very defensive. Everton are always entertaining though along with Arsenal, Man.City and Leicester but really that's it.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Sunderland have had a tough run of fixtures but there's no quality whatsoever in that team at the moment. Big Sam needs to spend a lot of money in January just to give them a glimmer of hope of staying up.

I think it's been a really poor 2015 for the Premier League. After the Tottenham 5-3 Chelsea match on New Year's Day, even Sky would have to admit it's gone very defensive. Everton are always entertaining though along with Arsenal, Man.City and Leicester but really that's it.

I fully agree a lot of games have been poor this season when on TV I watch a lot of prem games and its not been as enjoyable this year I am sure.

I have said it before and will say it again I do not think the Premier League is the promised land many think it is. I read it all the time on here but honestly I do not think going up is such a good thing, give me the championship where we are always competitive compared to scraping a few wins a year in a soulless season, why 45k people turn up week in week out and we sell out away games everytime is beyond me (although I was one of them when I lived closer) used to love the championship a few years ago and luckily I had a season ticket then as it often will not go on general sale for away games

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here