Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Sunderland v Leicester

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Still want li to know if Leicester did actually officially fail FFP to get promoted. It seems there was an announcement that they may have done, but nothing official. I know Paul Barber isn't happy with Leicester winning the league (partly cos he's Spurs, partly cos they failed FFP). Nobody ever seems to mention it, and the huge majority of football neutrals will be unaware / won't care..

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Still want li to know if Leicester did actually officially fail FFP to get promoted. It seems there was an announcement that they may have done, but nothing official. I know Paul Barber isn't happy with Leicester winning the league (partly cos he's Spurs, partly cos they failed FFP). Nobody ever seems to mention it, and the huge majority of football neutrals will be unaware / won't care..

I think that is the main thing and who will care now

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

How do you know?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It wasn't the Prem and therefore not sold to overseas TV like it is these days.

Hope that helps.

The prem is a branded division one as far as I'm concerned. I'm not of the 'Sky invented football' generation.

Hope that helps.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
The prem is a branded division one as far as I'm concerned. I'm not of the 'Sky invented football' generation.

Hope that helps.

But overseas TV (which is probably where the comment was aimed at) does believe it is, how many middle eastern countries were showing Division 1 in the 80s, I would hazard a guess at none live, and most probably no highlights either.

Sky didnt invent football but it did help it sell overseas.

Hope that helps.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Magnificent stuff from Leicester. Incredible.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Just heard 'Big Sam' interviewed on five live. Talk about denial. Fine margins, not much between the two sides etc etc etc snooore. He paused for so long and so often, I thought he was going to cry. I'd have more respect for him if he was just honest.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Incredible for players like Huth and Morgan, in the twilight of their careers, rock up for one last gig at Leicester having never ripped up any trees before and they find themselves in the middle of this absolute fairytale. I can see it now as an Escape to Victory type football film mixed with Graham Obree-esque overtones, Osvaldo Ardiles playing Robert Huth and Leonardo Ulloa featuring as himself.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bloke who cashed in his Leicester bet earlydoors must be kicking himself :lol:
I'll not be laughing at Mr £72,000 cash out.

As I'm sure if he had a mortgage before hand, I'll bet 72k he doesn't have one now.
Which, lets face it, is all any of us could as ask of a few quid bet.

Whereas those cashing out around £20k - :lol: :facepalm: :lol:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
the Tinkerman is going to do it

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
Careful, remember how shit Palace were during the last few games the year they went up through the playoffs....
Wurzel had a record of being awesome at the end of a season prior to last season with the Bermondsey wankers, while Bruce's teams often become crap at the end of a season (Hull should've finished 11th in 13/14, but they ended up at 16th, and they were comfortably midtable in April before slipping to relegation last season)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Wurzel had a record of being awesome at the end of a season prior to last season with the Bermondsey wankers, while Bruce's teams often become crap at the end of a season (Hull should've finished 11th in 13/14, but they ended up at 16th, and they were comfortably midtable in April before slipping to relegation last season)

Oh well, I will be crapping myself whoever we play if we don't make the autos, be it Hull, Wednesday, Derby, Boro or Burnley :shrug:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Incredible for players like Huth and Morgan, in the twilight of their careers, rock up for one last gig at Leicester having never ripped up any trees before and they find themselves in the middle of this absolute fairytale. I can see it now as an Escape to Victory type football film mixed with Graham Obree-esque overtones, Osvaldo Ardiles playing Robert Huth and Leonardo Ulloa featuring as himself.

Didn't Huth get a winners medal at Chelsea? That said, he was only a bit part player there, whereas at Leicester he's been a regular.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Didn't Huth get a winners medal at Chelsea? That said, he was only a bit part player there, whereas at Leicester he's been a regular.

I've liked Robert Huth ever since the away end jeered Stoke with a chant of "Hoof, Hoof, Hoof" after they beat us in a cup tie five (?) years ago and he completely misheard us, assumed we were chanting "Huth Huth Huth" and applauded us back with a big smile.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
With Tottenham winning, that guarantees Champions League footie for Leicester next year.

Not sure that's right as if City win the Champions League and finish outside the top four the PL only get three spots (according to R5L earlier).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here