Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunderland Ticket Price

Will1995

Jan 14, 2011
Bexhill-on-Sea
There are a few jobs around in Bexhill I know plenty who have got them in Tesco/McDonalds/KFC/Coombe Haven, although you probably don't want to work on Saturdays so you don't really have anything to moan about.

Your problem, like many kids today, is you want it all now - you really should think yourself luck you have a season ticket, there are plenty who cannot afford one, many in fact who cannot afford tickets for one match a season as they have more pressing priorities. I guess you are still living at home so don't have to worry about rent and maybe not even food.

I've been off school for 3 months and applied everywhere here. McDonalds in Bexhill has no vacancies, check the site if you really don't believe me. Neither does KFC, Tesco etc. I have friends working in all the places you mentioned above - all full.

I don't call myself lucky. I pay for it myself out of money I have acquired myself either going out washing cars down my road or any other ways of getting money, no way my parents would pay for it and they were extremely surprised when I came back with one. I go up every weekend with three mates of mine. I now pay £10 each week for the train up, whereas around months ago when I was 15 I could pay something like £4. It's stupid. There are no opportunities for young people in this country, and the recent riots are the reason for this (yes, unacceptable but still).

You've said "Your problem, like many kids today, is you want it all now". I'm not sure what I have actually asked anyone for on this thread? Just showing my opinion (what the whole point of this forum is for, opinions) on the ticket prices. Please explain 'what I want now'.

Basically, on a Tuesday night, a 16 year old boy is being asked to pay £34 to go and watch Sunderland reserves. A joke.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
To start with if you go with three mates, why don't you get a group save ticket - two pay two free - that will be a fiver each - you just have to travel together.

Well done for using your head and earning some money, but I stand by my comment that if you try hard enough you can get a job - I guess you are only looking part time as you are off to college in September - but what about going into cafe/fish and chip shops around town. You are hardly living in one of the under priviledged boroughs of London.

I don't know where you £34 quid comes from - a north stand ticket is £12 for an under 18, which is £17 inc travel.

I don't understand what the problem about watching Sunderland reserves is, if you don't want to watch them then don't go, nobody knows yet what team they will put out. The record books will only show the result, not who played, it makes no difference if we beat their 25th team, we will still have beaten Sunderland.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
There are no opportunities for young people in this country, and the recent riots are the reason for this (yes, unacceptable but still).

I know that the riots were a bad thing but i think it is a tad extreme to blame the rioters for a lack of jobs for younger people

You've said "Your problem, like many kids today, is you want it all now". I'm not sure what I have actually asked anyone for on this thread? Just showing my opinion (what the whole point of this forum is for, opinions) on the ticket prices. Please explain 'what I want now'.

Basically, on a Tuesday night, a 16 year old boy is being asked to pay £34 to go and watch Sunderland reserves. A joke.

I think what the original post was trying to say is that people used to have to go without until they were in a position to be able to afford something as there wasn't an easy way to get credit (and into debt) which is the norm today. They had a limited income and had to prioritise so things like going to football were far down that list after things like rent, food, bills etc. Once they had an income that covered this and gave them a surplus each month, then they could start to think about going to things like football matches (or buying the latest gadgets etc that many teenagers see as normal everyday things that everyone should be able to have / afford when in reality they arn't

Your saying its not right that an unemployed 16 year old is being priced out by the club is where you are basically saying you want to be able to afford to go now.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
All the talk of them being a premiership side reflecting the cost, utter rubbish what about the Stoke game and villa and west ham all in the FA cup?

They were cheaper tickets because the home side (from the premiership) were playing a league 1 side (us), just as we, a championship side played a league 2 side in Gillingham last round and therefore the club reduced prices to get the crowd in. We are now playing a premier league side and therefore prices have gone back to normal.

It seems very simple to me, you either pay for your ticket for Sunderland or you don't go! No way were the club going to drop prices for this game.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
I've been off school for 3 months and applied everywhere here. McDonalds in Bexhill has no vacancies, check the site if you really don't believe me. Neither does KFC, Tesco etc. I have friends working in all the places you mentioned above - all full.

I don't call myself lucky. I pay for it myself out of money I have acquired myself either going out washing cars down my road or any other ways of getting money, no way my parents would pay for it and they were extremely surprised when I came back with one. I go up every weekend with three mates of mine. I now pay £10 each week for the train up, whereas around months ago when I was 15 I could pay something like £4. It's stupid. There are no opportunities for young people in this country, and the recent riots are the reason for this (yes, unacceptable but still).

Welcome to the real world fella! If you don't want to pay £34 don't go!

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting

In fairness, on a tuesday night a 16 year old boy should be at home preparing for an early night tut tut lol JOKE

No opportunities?? having a laugh right! im 29 and had to do paper rounds, shop work etc WHILST studying, then moved into full time employment. Why do kids these days think they are owed jobs? get out there and try harder, then the money comes, then the luxuries come.

Will1995

Jan 14, 2011
Bexhill-on-Sea
To start with if you go with three mates, why don't you get a group save ticket - two pay two free - that will be a fiver each - you just have to travel together.

Well done for using your head and earning some money, but I stand by my comment that if you try hard enough you can get a job - I guess you are only looking part time as you are off to college in September - but what about going into cafe/fish and chip shops around town. You are hardly living in one of the under priviledged boroughs of London.

I don't know where you £34 quid comes from - a north stand ticket is £12 for an under 18, which is £17 inc travel.

I don't understand what the problem about watching Sunderland reserves is, if you don't want to watch them then don't go, nobody knows yet what team they will put out. The record books will only show the result, not who played, it makes no difference if we beat their 25th team, we will still have beaten Sunderland.

Group saver is 1 goes an adult, the rest of us get child tickets and risk a £20 fine each. Not really an option. So the £10 ticket it is.

As I clearly stated earlier on in this thread, the website is wrong saying my ticket is £24 instead on my actually under 18, which I'm going to have to phone up and change tomorrow. Great. I'm paying almost £20 train tickets for Blackpool and Sunderland now, whereas 6 months ago I could've got to 4 games with that money and still have change. Something is obviously wrong here.

Clearly, I want to go and watch this game otherwise 1. I wouldn't of posted this thread and 2. Wouldn't of gone on to the ticketing section of the site, ready to buy my ticket to discover this price.

Will1995

Jan 14, 2011
Bexhill-on-Sea
In fairness, on a tuesday night a 16 year old boy should be at home preparing for an early night tut tut lol JOKE

No opportunities?? having a laugh right! im 29 and had to do paper rounds, shop work etc WHILST studying, then moved into full time employment. Why do kids these days think they are owed jobs? get out there and try harder, then the money comes, then the luxuries come.

You really are living in a different world. You're 29, I'm 16. You were my age thirteen years ago, a lot has changed since then. It's not that I don't want a job, it's that I can't get one. Some of you don't seem to grasp that.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Group saver is 1 goes an adult, the rest of us get child tickets and risk a £20 fine each. Not really an option. So the £10 ticket it is.

Erm, no

Travel together and save more!

If you're travelling in a group of 3 or 4, GroupSave can save you money.

With GroupSave*, 3 or 4 adults can travel by train and only pay the price of 2! Kids travel for just £1** each and under 5's travel absolutely free.

There's no need to book ahead - just turn up at your local staffed station, ask for a GroupSave ticket, and enjoy your day out!

GroupSave is valid on these tickets:

Off-Peak Day Single and Return
Off-Peak Single and Return
Super Off-Peak Single and Return
Anytime Single and Return (When Off-Peak Day Singles and Returns are not available)
Off-Peak Day Travel Cards (Purchased outside of the London Fares Zone Area)

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting

As I clearly stated earlier on in this thread, the website is wrong saying my ticket is £24 instead on my actually under 18, which I'm going to have to phone up and change tomorrow. Great. I'm paying almost £20 train tickets for Blackpool and Sunderland now, whereas 6 months ago I could've got to 4 games with that money and still have change. Something is obviously wrong here.

Clearly, I want to go and watch this game otherwise 1. I wouldn't of posted this thread and 2. Wouldn't of gone on to the ticketing section of the site, ready to buy my ticket to discover this price.

this is becoming painful

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

Mate it's a mistake on the online system charging you for an adult ticket, there's no conspiracy or anything really to have that much of a moan up about IMHO - my 8 year old with u10 season ticket comes up as adult price for this game at £28 in wsu instead of £7, a simple phone call will sort this out for you. As for £10 train ticket - didn't you get travel vouchers which covers some of your journey meaning a cheaper ticket to the boundary of the zone it covers?

Fair play for raising enough for your season ticket and good luck with the job hunting :thumbsup:

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)

Mate you need to realise now that you are in the real world now, if you haven't got a job or are on a low income then football is a luxury and unfortunately will need to be sacrificed until things improve. It's no good moaning about costs of transport etc we are all paying the same. be thankful you have a season ticket and you get to see most games. The club is not a charity much to a lot of people's disgust!

Will1995

Jan 14, 2011
Bexhill-on-Sea
So YOU ARE NOT GOING TO HAVE TO PAY £24 THEN ARE YOU :facepalm:
I know!!!!! You just carried on this dead thread! Obviously I'm going to reply as you started talking about something different (group savers, sunderland team etc.) If you used your eyes and read all the replies you would of seen, BUT OBVIOUSLY you didn't!

Will1995

Jan 14, 2011
Bexhill-on-Sea
Mate it's a mistake on the online system charging you for an adult ticket, there's no conspiracy or anything really to have that much of a moan up about IMHO - my 8 year old with u10 season ticket comes up as adult price for this game at £28 in wsu instead of £7, a simple phone call will sort this out for you. As for £10 train ticket - didn't you get travel vouchers which covers some of your journey meaning a cheaper ticket to the boundary of the zone it covers?

Fair play for raising enough for your season ticket and good luck with the job hunting :thumbsup:

Thanks mate, if I got this reply straight up I could of asked for the thread to be deleted! Was just a bit confused/annoyed at the price! Cheers though!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I know!!!!! You just carried on this dead thread! Obviously I'm going to reply as you started talking about something different (group savers, sunderland team etc.) If you used your eyes and read all the replies you would of seen, BUT OBVIOUSLY you didn't!

Maybe you should read mine about the group savers where I am saving you £5 a match

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here