Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunderland Ticket Price

Will1995

Jan 14, 2011
Bexhill-on-Sea
I'm an umemployed 16 year old (looking for a job, have been for a few months) season ticket holder, and for a second round Carling Cup game where Sunderland will most like put out the reserves for, I'm being asked to pay £24!! Rip off if you ask me!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Don't go then? It's fairly simple. A home tie against a premiership team is always going equal a full price ticket.

willingdon_seagull

Mar 5, 2008
Don't go then? It's fairly simple. A home tie against a premiership team is always going equal a full price ticket.

This! Is it expensive? Yes - however, as previously mentioned it is premiership opposition and I want to go. Therefore I either put up or shut up. Simples!

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
are you waiting for someone to say that they will buy you a ticket? you could be waiting a while then...

Will1995

Jan 14, 2011
Bexhill-on-Sea
This! Is it expensive? Yes - however, as previously mentioned it is premiership opposition and I want to go. Therefore I either put up or shut up. Simples!

Well, lets stuff all the young seagulls fans then.

Just spoke to a mate of mine about this, it's actually £12. The ticketing website is once again, at its finest.

Zamoracomehome

Apr 12, 2010
Hove
I'm an umemployed 16 year old (looking for a job, have been for a few months) season ticket holder, and for a second round Carling Cup game where Sunderland will most like put out the reserves for, I'm being asked to pay £24!! Rip off if you ask me!

The fact that you are unemployed and still have a season ticket makes you very lucky and you have to face reality and realise you can't afford to go the extra games unless you have an income. Life and all that.

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15

Just spoke to a mate of mine about this, it's actually £12. The ticketing website is once again, at its finest.

Well its not the ticketing websites fault if you cant read that it says adult now is it :thumbsup:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have been waiting for someone to post a thread on Sunderland ticket prices. I'm surprised there have been any other posts on the subject.........Oh!

Will1995

Jan 14, 2011
Bexhill-on-Sea
Well its not the ticketing websites fault if you cant read that it says adult now is it :thumbsup:

Think it probably is when my season ticket says 'Under 18' and now I need to phone the ticket office to get it changed on the website. Not the only person this has happened to either. Oh yeah, says Sunderland's sold out when we all know its not as well.

willingdon_seagull

Mar 5, 2008

Its not about stuffing all the young fans though is it? I understand what you are saying, we were all young once! I would have loved to have done all sorts of things in life when I was younger that I couldnt afford to do but I couldnt - for the same reasons as you. Its just life - now I am older and I can just about afford to, I do!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
My season ticket was £190.

An leisure activities such as attending a sporting event is a luxury not a necessity. Being unemployed usually means that people have to be more careful with money and can't afford to spend much if anything on luxury things.

Consider yourself lucky to have a season ticket and that you will get to see the team play so often this season, and i'm glad you are enthusiatic about wanting to watch the club play as often as you can, but the club shouldn't and can't cut prices (and therefore its income) just to suit those in an unfortunate position.

Hopefully you will be able to get employment soon and you can then afford to pay the market price any for future matches that may come along

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

There are a few jobs around in Bexhill I know plenty who have got them in Tesco/McDonalds/KFC/Coombe Haven, although you probably don't want to work on Saturdays so you don't really have anything to moan about.

Your problem, like many kids today, is you want it all now - you really should think yourself luck you have a season ticket, there are plenty who cannot afford one, many in fact who cannot afford tickets for one match a season as they have more pressing priorities. I guess you are still living at home so don't have to worry about rent and maybe not even food.

Zamoracomehome

Apr 12, 2010
Hove
An leisure activities such as attending a sporting event is a luxury not a necessity. Being unemployed usually means that people have to be more careful with money and can't afford to spend much if anything on luxury things.

Consider yourself lucky to have a season ticket and that you will get to see the team play so often this season, and i'm glad you are enthusiatic about wanting to watch the club play as often as you can, but the club shouldn't and can't cut prices (and therefore its income) just to suit those in an unfortunate position.

Hopefully you will be able to get employment soon and you can then afford to pay the market price any for future matches that may come along

Absolutely...this is the point I was trying to make.

arewethereyet?

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Think it probably is when my season ticket says 'Under 18' and now I need to phone the ticket office to get it changed on the website. Not the only person this has happened to either. Oh yeah, says Sunderland's sold out when we all know its not as well.

For Gods sake, how long before people realise that it will always say " sold out " while a match is on sale for STH only, Agreed it should say something like " not on general sale " or something similar, so please stop bleating on about the online ticketing, it really is straightforward. And to those that keep going on about under 18s showing as adults, call the ticket office and they will correct it, OK !!

pal4life

Sep 6, 2008
All the talk of them being a premiership side reflecting the cost, utter rubbish what about the Stoke game and villa and west ham all in the FA cup?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
All the talk of them being a premiership side reflecting the cost, utter rubbish what about the Stoke game and villa and west ham all in the FA cup?

How do three away games against premiership opposition be the same, that is absolutely no different to them reducing prices against a two division lower team the same as we did against Gillingham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here