Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunderland offer

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Is FFP being used as an excuse, only a few know the truth , but I agree thst generally the club should be self Sufficient but it is stii frustrating seeing others signIng players with or without consideration of FFP.

Perhaps Tony wants a clear conscience by not doing it the "Pompey" way.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Stand back and await the flaming , but is it posible that in financing the academy TB has reached the limit that he can afford or is prepared to put into the club at the moment and like most clubs we have to sell to replace with better players to progress, Everybody irrespective of wealth have their limits.

£750m - £150m = loads left
Do you really think he would be in this deep unless he had a huge reserve for himself and family?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
£750m - £150m = loads left
Do you really think he would be in this deep unless he had a huge reserve for himself and family?

It is possible that he has £150m that he could afford without jeopardising his or his families future and has nearly reached that figure all conjecture I know but a real possibility. Nobody should or would expect him to give all his money thus affecting his families future but as I said previously everybody must have an upper limit even Abramovich

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
There is a rumour out there that conways wages will be a block to our resigning him on a permanent contract.

That is a shame.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
There is a rumour out there that conways wages will be a block to our resigning him on a permanent contract.

That is a shame.

He'll be on decent wages at Cardiff right now - probably 20k+ - but he's only got 5 months left on that contract.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Again, can't believe people r saying they'd sell Buckley for effectively like 2 mil. Short memories. Players who can destroy full backs r so hard to find. Poor injury record yes but a game changer. Conway is different to Buckley but I can assure u Buckley is 10 times more affective and can really change a game. 3 good performances & people think Conway is way better than he is IMO. A few months of injury issues & people forget how good Buckley is. We need Buckley, LuaLua AND Conway IMO!

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Again, can't believe people r saying they'd sell Buckley for effectively like 2 mil. Short memories. Players who can destroy full backs r so hard to find. Poor injury record yes but a game changer. Conway is different to Buckley but I can assure u Buckley is 10 times more affective and can really change a game. 3 good performances & people think Conway is way better than he is IMO. A few months of injury issues & people forget how good Buckley is. We need Buckley, LuaLua AND Conway IMO!

Agreed. It is not easy to buy players of any quality to meet expectations towards the top of the Championship. We are witnessing this now and would not want anybody to go. As for other teams, the media report a fair bit of club interest but I do not believe many players of top championship quality have actually moved yet. I would not want Bridcutt to move unless we have anybody set up to move in, whatever the price.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It is possible that he has £150m that he could afford without jeopardising his or his families future and has nearly reached that figure all conjecture I know but a real possibility. Nobody should or would expect him to give all his money thus affecting his families future but as I said previously everybody must have an upper limit even Abramovich

Please, why are you intent on painting such a bleak picture with so little evidence ?

Tony will lose money every year with us until we make the premier league.

I don't know his plan but perhaps it is better to lose 16 million ( FFP dodge ) next year than 8 million a year forever while we fail to make it.

No one knows so perhaps no point in being so pessimistic ???

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Well he will not be signing for us at 20k a week.Perhaps he will have to take a view !

I think a loan until the end of the season is likely. No one will take him on those wages and Cardiff will not to pay him 100% if that for the rest if the season

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008

Its all about opinions but when was the last time that Buckley changed a game, certainly not this season and if you are saying that Conway had three good games it is three more than Buckley has had this season. I'd sell him and get his wages off the books and get someone in that is fit to play every week. On games played we must be paying Buckley the equivalent of £20K a week.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Its all about opinions but when was the last time that Buckley changed a game, certainly not this season and if you are saying that Conway had three good games it is three more than Buckley has had this season. I'd sell him and get his wages off the books and get someone in that is fit to play every week. On games played we must be paying Buckley the equivalent of £20K a week.

Last time he changed a game that I can remember was away at Huddersfield last season, scoring 2. He got injured soon after and hasn't been the same since. Seems to have lost his confidence to really attack the full back.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Last time he changed a game that I can remember was away at Huddersfield last season, scoring 2. He got injured soon after and hasn't been the same since. Seems to have lost his confidence to really attack the full back.

Hmm.

Sounds a bit like a certain Mr.Wayne Bridge.

Mind you..our loss was Readings gain.

Not.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Please, why are you intent on painting such a bleak picture with so little evidence ?

Tony will lose money every year with us until we make the premier league.

I don't know his plan but perhaps it is better to lose 16 million ( FFP dodge ) next year than 8 million a year forever while we fail to make it.

No one knows so perhaps no point in being so pessimistic ???

I am not trying to paint a bleak picture but loking for a plausible answer fot those that are concerned with no new signings and to some extent my frustration at the same as we seem so near yet so far from the Premier pe rhaps 1 or 2 players either on loan or permanent to complete the jigsaw.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here