Sunderland offer

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/109...atch__Bridcutt_could_be_in_demand/?ref=twtrec

Albion are gearing themselves up for a potential Premier League bidding war for Liam Bridcutt in the final week of the January transfer window.

Sunderland remain favourites to reach an agreement with the Seagulls over the want-away midfielder, who is keen to be reunited with former Albion boss Gus Poyet at the Stadium of Light.

Bridcutt has also been monitored previously by the likes of Swansea, Norwich and Fulham, so Poyet could face competition for his No.1 January target.

Bridcutt is unlikely to be involved again in Albion's FA Cup tie at Port Vale tomorrow.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/109...atch__Bridcutt_could_be_in_demand/?ref=twtrec

Albion are gearing themselves up for a potential Premier League bidding war for Liam Bridcutt in the final week of the January transfer window.

Sunderland remain favourites to reach an agreement with the Seagulls over the want-away midfielder, who is keen to be reunited with former Albion boss Gus Poyet at the Stadium of Light.

Bridcutt has also been monitored previously by the likes of Swansea, Norwich and Fulham, so Poyet could face competition for his No.1 January target.

Bridcutt is unlikely to be involved again in Albion's FA Cup tie at Port Vale tomorrow.

Excellent.

We also need to get as much of Gus' cash as possible so he can't afford to bid for Leo as well.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Last gasp transfer for Liam with no time to buy players resulting in a number of loan to buy players in the loan window? Or will TB release funds prior to Bridcutt being sold (if he is) and gamble on recouping them?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Last gasp transfer for Liam with no time to buy players resulting in a number of loan to buy players in the loan window? Or will TB release funds prior to Bridcutt being sold (if he is) and gamble on recouping them?

Tony doesn't gamble !

oh.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Please highlight a single post on this thread where I have claimed I'm SURE they have agreed THE FEE(ie how much we will receive). I would absolutely love to know where I made that difinitive statement.

Sure you wern't referring to where I said this.

"The values won't be far apart at all in my view"

Or was it where I was talking about a "basic fee" and then, clearly, explained that most deals are complex and it is likely to be made up of subjective clauses and further payments?

Was that my difinitive statement? You have to help me out here because clearly I'm forgetting these difinitive statments that I make or these things I "suggest" even though I didnt know I'd suggested it myself.

Thank god YOU can be my mouthpiece.

Consider it a service for the entertainment value you provide. No charge.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Great. Let the bidding war commence. We might actually get the fee we want now. No need to cave-in to Sunderland's initial p1ss-taking offer.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Sky are saying Connor Wickham has been recalled from his loan spell at Sheff Wed. Does this mean he is about to be sold?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
The Times are reporting that Sunderland made a fresh bid for Bridcutt yesterday. He'll be Frank Bough soon, just too much chatter & unsettling action going on

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports