Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunderland fans take out some frustration on Bridcutt!

The Hon Sec

Feb 23, 2009
Deep up County
Bridcutt isn't the first midfielder to struggle to make the transition from Championship to PL. I think he has the ability but I guess it will take him time to adjust.

I wasn't happy losing him or Buckley, and looking at our current league position, its galling to me how many decent players have left.

Bridcutt would have struggled in the current managers system because he isn't, in my view, a complete alround midfielder. He had one role and did it well. But the present midfield players are struggling a bit also.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I particularly enjoyed the Guardian's report.

"...six minutes later, a bungled Sunderland pass ricocheted off Will Buckley’s backside to the feet of Dusan Tadic. The Serb teed up Steve Davis, who crossed low for Graziano Pellè to plunder his fifth league goal..."

"...Bridcutt stopped the ball on the line – then fell over and helped it across..."

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Tough week for Bridders, but at least he can think of 30,000 reasons to be cheerful.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I particularly enjoyed the Guardian's report.

"...six minutes later, a bungled Sunderland pass ricocheted off Will Buckley’s backside to the feet of Dusan Tadic. The Serb teed up Steve Davis, who crossed low for Graziano Pellè to plunder his fifth league goal..."

"...Bridcutt stopped the ball on the line – then fell over and helped it across..."
Yes, I like those lines too. All for unswerving loyalty to current players, but Bridcutt and Poyet I am very happy to see fail.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
I have tried to defend Bridcutt but I'm afraid he hasn't had an even half-decent performance for us yet and I can't find another Sunderland supporter with a good word to say about him.
Buckley has actually looked quite good at times since he arrived. I keep telling my fellow fans there was never any doubt about his ability, it's his hamstrings that are the problem.

thats very harsh on Bridcutt. I spoke to several Sunderland fans after he signed and they all waxed lyrical about his first few performances. Since then, he's hardly had a run in the team!!!

Buckley on the other hand, you've probably got the best you're going to get out of him already. Don't expect him to play to that decent standard again for another 30 games

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Whenever I've felt p-ed off about the Albion in recent days..... I've watched Bridcutt's o.g v Soton.....and it has never failed to make me chuckle and feel better. I prefer it to the first og supervolley purely as it's so comical. If you're going to do it, do it proper. Bridcutt will need a turn around of Guy Butters proportions at Sunderland now.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Whenever I've felt p-ed off about the Albion in recent days..... I've watched Bridcutt's o.g v Soton.....and it has never failed to make me chuckle and feel better. I prefer it to the first og supervolley purely as it's so comical. If you're going to do it, do it proper. Bridcutt will need a turn around of Guy Butters proportions at Sunderland now.

Good old Guy.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Like Messi is eh.

When did Messi leave Barca for the PL? If you're making a general point about small players, then I think the comparison is flawed as La Liga is way less physical than the PL. Mind you, I don't think Bridcutt would make it in La Liga either - he's not technically skilfull enough.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
When did Messi leave Barca for the PL? If you're making a general point about small players, then I think the comparison is flawed as La Liga is way less physical than the PL. Mind you, I don't think Bridcutt would make it in La Liga either - he's not technically skilfull enough.

My point was more aimed at the ridiculous way that English football still judges players on how big they are in 2014. We wonder why we can't produce players who are technically good enough to win the World Cup, and we still tell hugely talented kids they won't make it because they are too small, or ruin them by playing only the big lads in the side at age 12 because we want to win some pointless under 12's league. The real footballing powerhouses of international football don't do this, yet we still continue to. Some of the world'a greatest ever players have been small, would they have made it as a pro in this country? Probably not.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
My point was more aimed at the ridiculous way that English football still judges players on how big they are in 2014. We wonder why we can't produce players who are technically good enough to win the World Cup, and we still tell hugely talented kids they won't make it because they are too small, or ruin them by playing only the big lads in the side at age 12 because we want to win some pointless under 12's league. The real footballing powerhouses of international football don't do this, yet we still continue to. Some of the world'a greatest ever players have been small, would they have made it as a pro in this country? Probably not.

That's a somewhat different point from the one I erroneously thought you were making, and one with which I completely agree. :thumbsup:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
That's a somewhat different point from the one I erroneously thought you were making, and one with which I completely agree. :thumbsup:

Well I didn't exactly explain myself very well in my first post, so you're forgiven.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here