Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunderland fans reckon we will beat them

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Bloody hell Sunderland fans are quite refreshing/depressing.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Can't see them playing more than 2or 3 first team regs. After some decent spending Bruce is gonna be under real pressure to perform this season I think and he ain't getting fired for going out of the Carling Cup early. Gus, on the other hand will put out a strong team. Bookies showing S'land marginal favourites at mo so defo worth on us

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Not many places between us in league positions..we've definitely got a big shout...got a feeling its gonna be the old extra time + pens drama.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
They are still down in the dumps from losing to Newcastle. This has got Stoke City written all over it (***reverse psychology alert***)

feller

N00b
Aug 13, 2011
Cambridgeshire
tbh if I supported a club with just the 1 pt in the premiership and came up against a high flying championship side, i wouldn't fell very confident either.

A good point about Cattermole. I forgot about him. With a bit of luck he isn't playing (and Bardsley for that matter. His tackle on Collocini at the weekend was shocking!!!)

PC-Gull

The Muffin Man
Apr 12, 2008
Brighton, Sussex, England
With so many of them expecting us to win, I would hate to disappoint them. It just wouldn't be very hospitable to our guests, and I do enjoy being a good host. LOL.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Our chances will hinge HUGELY on whether they put out a good, strong side or not. Anything other than a solid first team will have a mental disadvantage in knowing they're not taking it as seriously as we are. I think it might be a cheeky 2-0 to Brighton with Sunderland focusing on Premiership survival way ahead of any cup games. We shall see.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
tbh if I supported a club with just the 1 pt in the premiership and came up against a high flying championship side, i wouldn't fell very confident either.

A good point about Cattermole. I forgot about him. With a bit of luck he isn't playing (and Bardsley for that matter. His tackle on Collocini at the weekend was shocking!!!)

Bardsley was sent off so no, he'll not be available.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Think they'll play a 90% of a full strength side. Bruce was embarrassed in the cups last year and won't want a repeat. He's already said it's a good chance for them to get into Europe

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
With the top four not usually treating the league cup seriously until the end, it's the best chance for many of the premier league clubs to get into europe, and I think more of them are realising this. Europe, even the europa cup, brings the club more money, and is european football which can attract slightly better players, shows the club is going places, being in the europa cup gives the club exposure, raising the profile making it more appealing for potential fans and ptential players.

I think some of the lower premier league clubs are going to take it a bit more seriously than usual.

Even if I'm wrong, I'd be more concerned about the reserves seeing this as their chance to win a spot in the premier leage starting line up than a team depressed from a loss to their rivals and having to play against a team of no names* in the division below.

*As viewed by premier league players who show no interest in the lower leagues.

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
How many injuries have we got? Hardly be playing our first choice team? Close game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here