Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunderland fan here

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
That sounds like a riddle, and I have no idea what it means. I don't trust Gus, and wouldn't believe any story he chose to tell. The only reason I don't believe what you've been told is because it makes no sense.

I believe common sense more than man's ability to re-tell a tale. The person that told you (and I'm assuming what you say is true) is Brighton, and puts Brighton first. Like me, that means putting TB before Gus. It's possible that what he's told you is based around the truth, without being pedantically 100% accurate. It's also possible that what they were told was not completely accurate. For example, if Gus had made it known that he wanted out after the playoffs (for whatever crazy Latino reason), that could have been twisted as it got relayed between the different parties in the know. A simple 'I need to move on regardless' can turn into 'Gus wants out now' etc.

Indeed - but there were two days between the two play-off games - that's two days of preparation, and it wouldn't have even made sense for Gus to have meetings with his bosses about in that time. But even if he did, and he can be impulsive, he's not an idiot, and it would have made no sense for him to demand to leave (and be paid in full) between those two games. The whole suggestion is completely mad.

I have tried to lay this all down without mentioning the persons name of whom I had a detailed conversation with. I don't think I could have hinted any harder. One last try. This person could not be closer to Tony Bloom than any other person in this world. There is no possibility of Chinese Whispers because there were no 3rd parties to twist things. I asked the questions and the person answered them, directly and honestly in my opinion.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I have tried to lay this all down without mentioning the persons name of whom I had a detailed conversation with. I don't think I could have hinted any harder. One last try. This person could not be closer to Tony Bloom than any other person in this world. There is no possibility of Chinese Whispers because there were no 3rd parties to twist things. I asked the questions and the person answered them, directly and honestly in my opinion.

It is clear what you are saying, and it was obvious anyway that something had happened between the 2 playoff games.

At the time I was sure he'd been tapped up by Leicester ( who'd been making loud noises about sacking Pearson for a while ) after they'd crashed out on the Sunday, but probably not on reflection.

But something had gone on for sure.

Some people will keep giving Gus the benefit of almost infinite doubt, though.

It will be interesting when this side of his character starts to resurface at Sunderland, as he seems to be on best behaviour for now.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I have tried to lay this all down without mentioning the persons name of whom I had a detailed conversation with. I don't think I could have hinted any harder. One last try. This person could not be closer to Tony Bloom than any other person in this world. There is no possibility of Chinese Whispers because there were no 3rd parties to twist things.
:lol:
I asked the questions and the person answered them, directly and honestly in my opinion.
Well maybe 'this person of whom you speak' - let's call him AB, just so he's got a name - was in a bad mood, and wanted to slag off Gus.

I trust Tony Bloom a lot more than Gus, and I also don't really care how good or bad his reason was for getting rid of Gus. Our club is where it is because of Tony, and if he wanted to change manager, that's good enough for me.

I'd love to have been able to ask this AB fella myself, because it just defies all logic. Maybe it was some sort of heated exchange with the odd threat / ultimatum thrown in. It's like if a couple of your friends get divorced, and you speak to one of them about what the other said, you're not always (or is that ever) going to get the most accurate account of what happened.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
It is clear what you are saying, and it was obvious anyway that something had happened between the 2 playoff games.

At the time I was sure he'd been tapped up by Leicester ( who'd been making loud noises about sacking Pearson for a while ) after they'd crashed out on the Sunday, but probably not on reflection.

But something had gone on for sure.

Some people will keep giving Gus the benefit of almost infinite doubt, though.

It will be interesting when this side of his character starts to resurface at Sunderland, as he seems to be on best behaviour for now.

Now there is no appeal, there is no reason why Gus doesn't clear this up for himself and give his side to the dismissal.

He did say that gross misconduct sounded worse than it was, so there should be nothing for him to hide. He didn’t kill anyone so he is not evil.

As far as the club is concerned it would be wrong, if not illegal, to go into any detail publicly about a former employee but they can respond to Poyet’s version if he goes public.

Poyet doesn’t have to go to court to prove his point as this could now be done publicly.

This has to be cleared up one day so we can all move on including Gus.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Now there is no appeal, there is no reason why Gus doesn't clear this up for himself and give his side to the dismissal.

He did say that gross misconduct sounded worse than it was, so there should be nothing for him to hide. He didn’t kill anyone so he is not evil.

As far as the club is concerned it would be wrong, if not illegal, to go into any detail publicly about a former employee but they can respond to Poyet’s version if he goes public.

Poyet doesn’t have to go to court to prove his point as this could now be done publicly.

someone has been taking sensible pills
the one most sensible post on this subject ...............EVER

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

I disagree. He knows if he spills the beans he will severely limit his career, so he won't. He may have said gross misconduct makes it sound worse than it is, but he knows better...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here