Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sunday Times Rich List

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
For a time I was privy to the detailed financial position of 4 UHNW individuals. The positions of the three who made the ST list were wildly underestimated by the ST (one by a factor of 5). The fourth never made the list, but was the wealthiest of them all.
Exactly Is a load of crap

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I can also vouch for that. Complete guesswork. UHNW individuals will usually have assets that are difficult to value such as Private Equity holdings.
The value of BHA alone must be substantial, and Tony owns virtually all of it.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Tony didn't want to be on the list and consequently wasn't for years until he rather publicly funded the building of the stadium. Apparently that year, his wealth increased so much, he magically appeared. If he really was worth £760M and had spent half of that on what his effectively 'his' season ticket, I think Mrs TB may have had a word :lolol:

It's basically a list of people who want to be on the list encouraging trainee journalists at the ST to overestimate their wealth, plus a few very obvious others the trainee journalists at the ST have found whose wealth is hugely underestimated. Now which group do you think TB is in :wink:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Damn, I still didn’t make the list. Maybe next year :D

Out of 68,000,000, I wonder where we would rank ….. well outside the top 10, so that at least outside the Top 6,800,000

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think you’ll find it’s based entirely on guesswork.
This. I worked in private banking for 20+ years and of all the clients that appeared in that list over the years not a single number was anywhere near the actual net worth - could be absolutely miles over or under. It's little more than guesswork added to what they can find publicly with a bit of research (which given the kind of secrecy and protective structures these people have around their wealth is not much at all in the vast majority of cases).

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
For a time I was privy to the detailed financial position of 4 UHNW individuals. The positions of the three who made the ST list were wildly underestimated by the ST (one by a factor of 5). The fourth never made the list, but was the wealthiest of them all.
It's @Steve Foster isn't it?

S.T.U cgull

Jan 17, 2009
HILLLLLLL
This. I worked in private banking for 20+ years and of all the clients that appeared in that list over the years not a single number was anywhere near the actual net worth - could be absolutely miles over or under. It's little more than guesswork added to what they can find publicly with a bit of research (which given the kind of secrecy and protective structures these people have around their wealth is not much at all in the vast majority of cases
Still the case now

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
What you are worth and what you own are 2 different things

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here