Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunday Roast at the Amex

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
A few weeks ago (at the Sheff weds game) I won the lunch prize at the Amex, entitling me to a half price Sunday Roast for Four. Today, I took Mrs twowheels and a couple of our friends to enjoy my illgotten (Gambling is a sin after all!) gain.
We dined in the Harry Bloom Lounge with good view over the Pitch.
Apart from the company of good friends I thought the experience a trifle poor.
The waitress offered us drinks from the Bar, but did not really seem to know what was on offer (No drinks menu was available on the table). We were not given a Menu to select our food - the waitress had a tatty photocopied menu. two of our company ordered soup, but table had been laid without soup spoons. Food arrived - on the cold side of luke warm and on cold plates. No sauces (mint or horseradish were offered) - we had to ask. The bill when it arrived had been miscalculated with the discount being applie to onle two meals. The cost for 4 of us with drinks and without discount would have been £88 - certainly not value for money! Back to The Preston Park tavern next week sadly. I was hoping for something better from the Club - now I am about to email Azure!
:rant:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
And the lesson is....Don't eat at a football ground that has a proven track record of serving shit food.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
That's a shame. I had a lovely Sunday lunch for there for my dad-in-law 70th Birthday. All three courses were great, and everyone who served us were attentive and polite.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here