Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Sunday morning breakfast club

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Nothing wrong with steak for breakfast. What makes some things _breakfasty_ and some not?

I know a guy who used to have a full roast chicken for breakfast every day. I once saw him order a mixed grill that was made for two at 11am. The waiter was a bit taken aback but suitably impressed when he finished it off in no time. Funnily enough he's vegan now.

I think you’ve answered your own question there?!

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I had THE most Hipster breakfast at the Skylark Cafe in Grove Road, Eastbourne (about a 5 minute walk from Casa Knocky's Nose)

Half a toasted multi-seed Bagel with smashed avocado on, topped with two rashers of locally sourced bacon, then three chunks of baked halloumi, then two poached eggs on top, drizzled with lime juice - and a Latte on the side.

Once I'd eaten this I instantly grew a long yet immaculate beard - then my jeans went skin-tight, and rolled themselves up at the bottom :ohmy:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I had THE most Hipster breakfast at the Skylark Cafe in Grove Road, Eastbourne (about a 5 minute walk from Casa Knocky's Nose)

Half a toasted multi-seed Bagel with smashed avocado on, topped with two rashers of locally sourced bacon, then three chunks of baked halloumi, then two poached eggs on top, drizzled with lime juice - and a Latte on the side.

Once I'd eaten this I instantly grew a long yet immaculate beard - then my jeans went skin-tight, and rolled themselves up at the bottom :ohmy:

Did you bathe in soy milk when you got home?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Music City Gull

Not Changing This, Bozza
Jun 28, 2020
12 South
Having, quite possibly, the greatest sandwich in the world for breakfast. Prosciutto and runny egg with cheese, light mayo and butter (hold the tomato).

6qpnxfk.jpg

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
It is. Different breweries, and also their beers, have different degrees of smokiness though, Schlenkerla Märzen is very dark and smokey but Spezial Brauerei was lighter. I also had some bottles of a Schlenkerla Helles Lagerbier which are not made from smoked malt, but acquired a light smokiness from the environment in which they are brewed; lovely and the smokiness disappeared after a few glugs.

I doubt I'll ever get the chance to try it over here, but I must admit I'm intrigued by your description of it.
Cheers
:cheers:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A state of emergency here in Mitte, my cafe ran out of sour dough this morning. Forced to have a bagel instead.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Shower (with lazy lob on). wander into kitchen clad in towel...what’s this I see in fridge? ‘‘Tis sweet and sour tikka chicken and sheek kebab leftover.

Should I stuff into micro? You decide.

Otherwise poached egg on granary toast dripping in butter and ground pepper.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here