Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunday League team forced to fold

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You state that as is you know for fact. The truth is I doubt you have read their club constitution which will explain how any debt on winding up is to be paid. Yes, some clubs' constitutions state it will be shared by the membership, but others [I've been a member of] specifically state it won't.

Do you really know for sure?
Or are you just claiming all knowledge of all things [again]?
Yes I do know for sure 100%. It has nothing whatsover to do with any clubs consitution what you are saying only covers general debts not fines imposed by either the FA, County FA or any League or competition that they are affiliated to. This is a standard rule in every County FA Rule book under instruction from the FA. When applying for County affiliation every club has to submit a copy of their rule book to the Rules and League Sanctions Committee of their governing County FA of which I was a member of for Surrey for many years. In practice the book is submitted on original formation and clubs notify the County FA of any changes made at the AGM. Any club that attempted to circumvent the rules regarding outstanding football related fines would not be given an affiliation number and subsequently not be permitted to play in any recognised affiluated league.

On a side note any player registered with a county affiliated team is not permitted to particpate in any match as a player or official in a non affiliated game. Many players and clubs have been punished for doing so in 'charity' games.

Last edited:

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
What a load of nonsense. The government are encouraging people to exercise more and this bunch of stuffed shirts are doing all they can to close it down.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Yes I do know for sure 100%. It has nothing whatsover to do with any clubs consitution what you are saying only covers general debts not fines imposed by either the FA, County FA or any League or competition that they are affiliated to. This is a standard rule in every County FA Rule book under instruction from the FA. When applying for County affiliation every club has to submit a copy of their rule book to the Rules and League Sanctions Committee of their governing County FA of which I was a member of for Surrey for many years. In practice the book is submitted on original formation and clubs notify the County FA of any changes made at the AGM. Any club that attempted to circumvent the rules regarding outstanding football related fines would not be given an affiliation number and subsequently not be permitted to play in any recognised affiluated league.

On a side note any player registered with a county affiliated team is not permitted to particpate in any match as a player or official in a non affiliated game. Many players and clubs have been punished for doing so in 'charity' games.

Which just goes to prove all of my points, totally out of touch with the grass roots game, only interested in making money and issuing punishments to clubs being run by volunteers for the love of the game, rather than actually look after it and making it accessible to all, totally unfit to carry out their duties. I can only assume anyone who makes these decisions for their respective FA's are making up for some inadequacies somewhere else in life. It's the footballing equivalent of little man syndrome.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The rules are there to administer the game and to protect everbody.

Just who or what are these rules protecting? The players? - no; the clubs? - no; spectators? - no. Handy bit of income for the FA concerned, though.

To have reached that final they would have had to be reasonably good so probably rather than just a bunch of lads playing the game, as it is made to appear, were in fact players who play at a good level. As per the better teams in the Sussex Sunday League.

So would it have been alright if they had just been a bunch of lads playing the game? At what level of competence do these rules to protect everyone come into force? And shouldn't the Cardiff City Stadium be closed or heavily fined for allowing an unauthorised match to be played - or are Cardiff City FC to big to be bullied by the local FA?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here