[Cricket] Summer's here ... cricket is back

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
48-6 now

Garton is on fire

Slurry have the intriguingly named Player A in now. I suspect Rory Burns is around somewhere as he was definitely fielding yesterday

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
223-11 - a rather unusual score card (to say the least)

This is an impressive display by the Sussex lads. Yes, it's not a full Surrey team and it's only a friendly but this is only half our first team too. Crocombe looks like he's got a bit more pace than he had last year (although it's hard to tell on these single camera feeds)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Pants 65-1 off 18 overs - that's more like it; normal service resumed

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I see that Kent have somehow poached Tawanda Muyeye from us.

I hadn't seen that: that's rather gutting. Someone at Sussex has slipped up badly there. It's not as if it was moneybags Surrey.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
I hadn't seen that: that's rather gutting. Someone at Sussex has slipped up badly there. It's not as if it was moneybags Surrey.

He’s been offered a 3 year contract based on a couple of fantastic seasons at Eastbourne College. That’s quite a commitment by Kent given his age. But this lad is phenomenal and it’s a great shame Sussex have missed out on him.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
He’s been offered a 3 year contract based on a couple of fantastic seasons at Eastbourne College. That’s quite a commitment by Kent given his age. But this lad is phenomenal and it’s a great shame Sussex have missed out on him.

Just seen he scored 56 sixes in his last season at Eastbourne College.

Normally I’d be impressed, but if they still play on the field in front of the main college buildings - which they did when I was there - then the boundary is about 5 meters from the wicket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

I've also found out that he was coached by two ex-Kent players at Eastbourne, that must have had some bearing too. But I still think Sussex should have tried harder, the lad is clearly some talent.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
120-2
Haines is obviously in a rich run of form - 70 n.o. That means he won't be able to buy a run when the real thing starts

EDIT: Naturally he's out just after I posted this

Last edited:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
120-2
Haines is obviously in a rich run of form - 70 n.o. That means he won't be able to buy a run when the real thing starts
Well played [emoji3]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports