[Cricket] Summer's here ... cricket is back

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
[tweet]1376470533450182659[/tweet]

There may be a few collapses this summer....

That said, so what ? Let's watch this team develop.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Decent start from Sussex 55 without loss in the first hour. Haines racing away with 38

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
73/1 in the 20th

Thomason c. Smith b. J Clarke 18

Haines 46no
van Zyl new to the crease

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Sussex play their first pre-season friendly tomorrow (against Slurry at The Oval)

No Ollie or Salt (that will fuel some rumours), obviously Jofra and CJ are with England and Claydon's banned but Stiaan's back. I think Head is arriving at the end of April.

There are quite a few youngsters in the squad: Carson, Crocombe and Clark played last year but there some more new names, including Neil Lenham's lad, Scott (there's a younger brother too who's also meant to be useful)

There's always a spring in my step when cricket starts. Our club's nets start on 10 April so I've just got my gear from the loft.

Oh, and wheel loose

Neil Lenham's lad Scott. Makes me feel old. In my distant past I can remember when 'Les Lenham's lad, Neil' was breaking into the team.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I think there's another Lenham (Archie?) that is quality too. Bowls leg spin

Yes, I mentioned him. He's a few years younger but has already played for Eastbourne's first XI

Not only are they Les's grandchildren and Neil's sons but they're the nephews of James Pyemont who played a few matches for Sussex back in the day.

Sussex now 114-1

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
My tip for top Scott Lenham Looked outstanding when I saw him playing for Eastbourne

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
239-3 at tea

Clark and Brown going well - 50 partnership

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
303-3 half centuries for Clark and Brown. The skipper brought up the 300 with a six - way to do it

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Blimey, Slurry 31-3 - Hunt has a wicket against his former club. He's meant to be quite useful, hope they come to regret letting him go

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports