Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Summer signings

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He wanted to leave last summer to play for Burnley, and still hasn't signed a new contract. I think that speaks for it's self potty mouth.

It says nothing.

In summer 2016 he wanted to play PL football and quadruple his wages, anywhere.

In summer 2017 he will play PL with us or elsewhere and quadruple his wages. Brighton can match the signing on fee with ease.

Still waiting tor the evidence from know-it-alls that DS has made his mind up to leave.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I'm sorry you misinterpreted the phrase "almost certainly" as a matter of fact. I'll try to make it less ambiguous next time for the hard of thinking.

Almost certainly speaks highly probable to me. Unless I am misinterpreting it, in which case, apology accepted.

Here let me try it. Stephens will almost certainly sign a new contract, in my opinion.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Almost certainly speaks highly probable to me. Unless I am misinterpreting it, in which case, apology accepted.

Here let me try it. Stephens will almost certainly sign a new contract, in my opinion.

He may stay and if he does I would be delighted, but if he does go, Lucas Leiva would be a decent replacement, In my opinion.

Which is where we started and what you seemed to take offence to.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have no more idea than anybody on here and less than many but I think we will win on Friday and he will come out over the weekend and say he is wanting to stay. prior to the game on Monday v Wigan which could get us promoted.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
DS will have many more Premier League options than just Burnley now he is out of contract.

I still think he may well stay with us. Hope so anyway.

I would say a few more options rather than many especially from the lower grade teams in The Premier I would think that David Stockdale will have more as a back up keeper , if that is what he wants

Tony the Pony

Jul 7, 2003
Littlehampton
I would go for Duncan Watmore at soon-to-be relegated Sunderland. A simillar style player to Baldock, quick and intelligent, and was the man-of-the match when England U21's played at the Amex a couple of years ago.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
1. The most urgent requirement for our transfer business is to bring in some genuine pace into the squad. In particular, we hardly ever break in numbers and we desperately need a box to box midfielder in the Lampard mould that will support the strikers on the counterattack.

2. We have the oldest matchday squad in the Championship with several players who would struggle with the Prem pace of the game, i.e. Skalak, Hemed, Sidwell, Bruno, Murray.

It will be fascinating to see how Hughton goes about rebuilding a squad that he has crafted. This is where his calm, sober approach to management could pay dividends. Had he been one of those emotional managers too close to his players the temptation might be to retain some for sentimental reasons who probably aren't up to the task. I can imagine that telling ageing squad legends that you don't think they're up to Prem scratch must be one of the hardest conversations a manager can have.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This thread should be retitled:-

'Which players have played well against us or are about to be relegated from the Prem?'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here