Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Summer outs

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Well, yes I suppose it was c*******ss to raise a thread with five games still to play about who should be ditched at the end of the season, after giving their all for the cause. I think my reply was more succinct than yours, though.
Sometimes succinct isn't quite enough! Regardless of responses this thread needs removing.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Would Maenpaa be happy to continue as No 2 or would he want to go to be a No 1 possibly replace DS if as the rumours go he signs to sit on the bench for Chelsea. In which case Walton would possibly move up to No2 if CH considers he is ready.
Walton will gain nothing by sitting on the bench for a season as substitute gk. He needs to go out on loan for the year to a Championship club.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Firstly, the 3 loans - Pocognoli, Tomori and Akpom - are out ( Whether we later try to bring back P or T is another matter ).

The next stage is to consider who leaves at the end of their contract and who gets an extension - Stephens, Stockdale, Bong, Sidwell, Maenpaa, Ankers, Forren and COG are the players in this category.

Only then do we need to consider selling under contract players, and the make up of a 25 man PL squad ( for over 21 yr old players ).

Elvis and Ince will be nowhere near that 25 man squad. LuaLua and Towell must unfortunately be candidates for missing the cut and moving on, perhaps on loan.

Everyone else should stay.

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Kill this thread... (a) we're NOT up yet, (b) there are some great contributors (players) to our brilliant season being disrespected by idiots (posters)... come on mods...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Kill this thread... (a) we're NOT up yet, (b) there are some great contributors (players) to our brilliant season being disrespected by idiots (posters)... come on mods...

Nobody is disputing that many have contributed to this season but it is painfully obvious certain players will be released as surplus to requirement like COG, Ince and others that haven't made the squad in The Championship very often so would not make it in the Premier so it isn't being disrespectful to anybody. The others are pure conjecture by people who have no say in the outcome and in many cases are usually wrong so why should players get upset about their name being included.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Nobody is disputing that many have contributed to this season but it is painfully obvious certain players will be released as surplus to requirement like COG, Ince and others that haven't made the squad in The Championship very often so would not make it in the Premier so it isn't being disrespectful to anybody. The others are pure conjecture by people who have no say in the outcome and in many cases are usually wrong so why should players get upset about their name being included.

Timing BG that's all people are saying, leave it another few weeks and no problem at all.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
But the same type of thread comes up around Easter every season so why should this be any different?

This really should not need explaining, if some people don't understand that this is not really appropriate just yet then thats a shame.

Just let us and the players enjoy what is coming for a short period before we bin off players that have grafted a long time to get the club to where it is about to be.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This really should not need explaining, if some people don't understand that this is not really appropriate just yet then thats a shame.

Just let us and the players enjoy what is coming for a short period before we bin off players that have grafted a long time to get the club to where it is about to be.

My point is that it is par for the course at this time of the season and the same happened in the seasons we reached the play offs.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
my god the are some complete mexican walking fish on this board .....and by that i mean the full axolotyll not the olm or the salamander but the complete and utter , nailed on , dyed in the wool mexican faakin walking fish.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I'd like to think for your sake that the manager has been planning for this for some time and that, bluntly, loyalty should play no part in the decision making, you have to hit the ground running to put it mildly.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'd like to think for your sake that the manager has been planning for this for some time and that, bluntly, loyalty should play no part in the decision making, you have to hit the ground running to put it mildly.

It may seem harsh to some, but the Board, CH and his recruitment/scouting team, would be planning for this for many months now.

If particular players have struggled to stamp their authority in Championship games, sure as anything, the won't in PL games where opponents have greater skill levels, often with immense pace and power too.

Several first team squad players will be off, one way or another, to be replaced by the players we need to compete.

TB will do everything possible to esnure we don't do a M'boro.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here