Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Summer Concerts at The Amex

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I wouldn't think Madness would sell out Dicks let alone the Amex.

Any danger of an act from this century?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I wouldn't think Madness would sell out Dicks let alone the Amex.

Any danger of an act from this century?

Well they played the O2 in December, which I believe is 20,000 capacity. So if it was billed as a summer festival type event, with Madness headlining it, I could see this being a success. The 80's rewind gigs attract big crowds. Easy get 25,000 if The Specials and a few others were on the bill.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Well they played the O2 in December, which I believe is 20,000 capacity. So if it was billed as a summer festival type event, with Madness headlining it, I could see this being a success. The 80's rewind gigs attract big crowds. Easy get 25,000 if The Specials and a few others were on the bill.

Agree with that, make it an afternoon/early evening do, add the specials and a few others and it would sell out.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

They are playing Butlins Minehead in September which I would think is more their level these days.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
They are playing Butlins Minehead in September which I would think is more their level these days.

If you do your research you will find, that they have been doing Butlins weekenders for years now. That still doesn't change the fact they sell out the O2 and just about every other gig they do.....I suppose the Stones are old hat as well??? They sold out two nights at Hyde Park last year, as well as playing in front of over 2 million in Rio a few years ago...Horses for courses my friend. I wouldn't cross the road to see 99% of the shite about these days.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Their Brighton centre gigs always sell pretty well. Im sure they did a matinee and evening show there in december. If they bill it as a madstock all dayer it will sell well

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
If you do your research you will find, that they have been doing Butlins weekenders for years now. That still doesn't change the fact they sell out the O2 and just about every other gig they do.....I suppose the Stones are old hat as well??? They sold out two nights at Hyde Park last year, as well as playing in front of over 2 million in Rio a few years ago...Horses for courses my friend. I wouldn't cross the road to see 99% of the shite about these days.

Don't think the Rolling Stones and Madness is really a fair comparison do you? Madness would just be totally underwhelming.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Don't think the Rolling Stones and Madness is really a fair comparison do you? Madness would just be totally underwhelming.

I'm not a fan of Madness but they are incredibly popular on the live circuit and will certainly be a success at the AMEX. From memory the capacity is around 20,000 for gigs. I'm pretty certain this will sell out or come very close if it doesn't.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Saw them at the Brighton Centre in December top night however im not sure a whole event at the AMEX would work.

Still great fun to see live.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Saw them at the Brighton Centre in December top night however im not sure a whole event at the AMEX would work.

Still great fun to see live.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
This does seem surprisingly late to announce something - assuming a late May/early June type date so that the stadium and pitch can be readied for the Rugby World Cup and the new footie stadium.

Please let's have some rock!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here