Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Summer 2015 transfer window thread

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Don't expect us to sign anyone in May or June.

Outside chance we may get someone in in July, but most will be last week of August, after already dropping points in the league.

Without wanting to break the doom and gloom, I think we will see two or three decent signings before the end of June, based on:
-- we waited until August last year, and look where that left us
-- we got in weeks before the transfer window closed when signing Kayal; that is, under Hughton
-- the club recognise that they need to generate the feel good factor so that they can shift more season tickets (not that sales so far are that bad)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Some signings may depend on the playoff final result.

Will Middlesbrough no longer want Enrich if they go up ?

Will it be easier to get Bassong if Norwich stay down ?

Seems to me that a Middlesbrough victory potentially helps us more than a Norwich one.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
What is Hughton's history with pre-season transfers. I hope he knows who he wants and insists they are brought in, and early!
Maybe I am naively positive that this will happen?

Hope you are right, but fear your last line is more probable sadly

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Bloom has his stupid transfer policy of doing it the difficult way. Until then, The first 5/6 games of the season will be written off.

Does he still go about telling every reporter that he doesn't like the January Transfer window too?

What next, he doesn't like buying players when it rains?

If only we had a chairman who loved football.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Those points dropped before the end of last August could have seen us relegated.

Please, albion, have a full squad this time by season kick off.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am astounded that the club has been so professional in every department except in player recruitment over last two seasons. TB is an intelligent business man who has shelled out more money that most of us would struggle to earn in a couple of lifetimes, surely he is not going to make the same mistake again?

Waiting until two weeks into the season to try and pick up some left over bargains is such a flawed policy, I am astounded TB even went there once tbh.

Last edited:

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Without wanting to break the doom and gloom, I think we will see two or three decent signings before the end of June, based on:
-- we waited until August last year, and look where that left us
-- we got in weeks before the transfer window closed when signing Kayal; that is, under Hughton
-- the club recognise that they need to generate the feel good factor so that they can shift more season tickets (not that sales so far are that bad)

I think this is right. Bloom knows he's under pressure to deliver and we trust he'll have learnt the lessons from last summer's shambles. There have been encouraging noises from the club about "doing business early" so it'd be a major surprise if there weren't some signings announced by the end of June/early July. This is a critical close season. Everyone makes mistakes but this time, there can be no excuses. The club cannot afford to get it wrong again.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
No one is looking at the positive. Sign players late and we save on wages. We only need 14 players to start the season with really. Then the players that are left will be desperate to sign as no one else wants them and we can then play hard ball on their wage demands.

Tommy Tradlles

Aug 22, 2014
Chichester
Bloom has his stupid transfer policy of doing it the difficult way. Until then, The first 5/6 games of the season will be written off.

Does he still go about telling every reporter that he doesn't like the January Transfer window too?

What next, he doesn't like buying players when it rains?

If only we had a chairman who loved football.

Maybe you should buy the club off him as you obviously love it more!

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
No one is looking at the positive. Sign players late and we save on wages. We only need 14 players to start the season with really. Then the players that are left will be desperate to sign as no one else wants them and we can then play hard ball on their wage demands.

That's right, then you have the ingredients for breeding loyalty and thinking that the club actually cares about you.
So you play like you didn't want to be there and hence a season like last season.
Yeah, I'm all for that, real positive move, getting all the players nobody else wants.
I guessed you were not being serious.

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
Why all this doom and gloom ? Most other clubs have yet to announced the players to be released, ít appears that most of you want to go into the market feet first, and get anyone that is for sale. Ithink the club have their targets and are waiting for them to come onto the market, in my opinion a better strategy, and I think CH will decide who comes in, not TB, Also I do not see many other clubs yet clawing at the market, and from what I read most of them are looking to strengthen various areas.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
The club could be really crafty by doing nothing all through May, June and July. Perhaps get interest in players but then do not meet them, do not tie up any deals and wait and wait until they go to another club. Then, wait till we have lost loads of points already in the league and pick up a load of loans and transfers that no one else wanted.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Waddington from Blackpool, who we tried to sign in January, is joining Stoke.

And so it begins. Expect a lot of this in the next few months. There will be a lot of players mentioned when they are released by their clubs. The Argus will say they are about to sign and then the following day they sign for someone else. That's the way it was last year and I don't expect that to change. Hope I am wrong and we don't get the "scraps" again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here