Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Sully's Way - Petition- Please Sign

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
You'd be amazed.

Having been through the NHS every day since March, I fully support this initiative.

Communication to family from the NHS (and inter NHS) can be utterly appalling. Sometime you feel like the only person coordinating different departments.

Thanks for your support

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
A little bounced

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Just 4 more signatures to reach our next target-please sign

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It's a good petition. The fact is that the NHS is struggling to sustain itself with an ageing population in the way we are used to.

I'm an ardent supporter of free health care. And a first class service. But I'm also mindful that, in a nation that lives beyond its means, we cannot rely on the NHS to do everything and if folk are saying 'Look, just enable us to help our loved ones where you can't' then I'm all for it.

In many countries this already happens. And we need to be realistic here.

I would add that such a facility is no excuse to de-fund the NHS and should never be used to do so.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
It's a good petition. The fact is that the NHS is struggling to sustain itself with an ageing population in the way we are used to.

I'm an ardent supporter of free health care. And a first class service. But I'm also mindful that, in a nation that lives beyond its means, we cannot rely on the NHS to do everything and if folk are saying 'Look, just enable us to help our loved ones where you can't' then I'm all for it.

In many countries this already happens. And we need to be realistic here.

I would add that such a facility is no excuse to de-fund the NHS and should never be used to do so.

This is a good idea but it wont belong before people are saying Tories using free labour

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Signed because I support this 110%.
When I was in hospital for 5 months in all, I got very weak ,thin (down to 7 stone) I could not take the food and was going down and down . My wife wanted to come in the ward and help me out of the visitation hours . It was only her dogged persistence, and the fact that she has the disposition of a tiger when someone in authority says ‘no’ , that got her in . Her calorie and vitamin laden smoothies got me through.
Accreditation would be great since they would go and move me and the argument would start again with the new matron. It did my mental state a power of good having her there .
So we wish Sully all the best and his family success with this campaign.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Signed because I support this 110%.
When I was in hospital for 5 months in all, I got very weak ,thin (down to 7 stone) I could not take the food and was going down and down . My wife wanted to come in the ward and help me out of the visitation hours . It was only her dogged persistence, and the fact that she has the disposition of a tiger when someone in authority says ‘no’ , that got her in . Her calorie and vitamin laden smoothies got me through.
Accreditation would be great since they would go and move me and the argument would start again with the new matron. It did my mental state a power of good having her there .
So we wish Sully all the best and his family success with this campaign.

I did the same for my mum, I was cooking for months and taking it in. I fought the same war and won, ended up me buying fish and chips on a Saturday for her and two others on the ward.

I was actually encouraged to do by the nutritionists.

The state of the food in some hospitals is so beyond appalling if they were a take-away they would get shut down.

The problem with many staff in the NHS (I'm sorry) is that although they work hard they are completely institutionalised and can't think outside the box when challenged.

It's a more complex cultural issue than staffing levels and pay I'm afraid.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Signed. All this makes perfect sense and is supported by the medical profession. As a former dementia care worker I can confirm how much more important for people with dementia to be able to be supported in this way.

Please share where you can.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Bounce

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
We're nearing 300 but needs load more.

If you agree with the campaign please sign. It helps everyone.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Roll up roll up

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Come on everyone please. From very recent (and ongoing) personal experience this is exactly what is needed in the NHS.

As much as we love it, it is very institutionalised in many ways.

I have had experience of three institutions albeit different. The first was rubbish but I was fully involved because they simply weren't enough nurses. The later were "better" but were convinced visitors should only be there when they wanted.

In all there is lack of continuity of care and I found myself indicating changes in condition where a nurse may only see a patient one a week due to their shifts.

I'm not a doctor, but the doctors always agreed and acted.

Hospital care needs a reset. I've been in "high dependency units" where the poor nurse is monitoring 8 beds. That's where family can come in.

I've been through a journey since March (regularly "working from home" from hospitals) and fully support this initiative.

It not only makes perfect sense, but you will undoubtedly benefit it when you get ill and find yourself under the care of the NHS.

PLEASE sign this petition.

Do it now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here