Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Suggestions please for an11 year old's day in London (with Grandparents)

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
London eye
London aquarium
Madame Tussaud's
London dungeon
Thames boat ride(all day tickets available)
Emirates cable car
O2 London
London zoo
Science museum
Tower of London
Theatre show
London dungeon(depending on child).
Camden market(my nieces love it) similarly Covent garden.
Changing of the guard/houses of parliament/royal parks

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
London eye
London aquarium
Madame Tussaud's
London dungeon
Thames boat ride(all day tickets available)
Emirates cable car
O2 London
London zoo
Science museum
Tower of London
Theatre show
London dungeon(depending on child).
Camden market(my nieces love it) similarly Covent garden.
Changing of the guard/houses of parliament/royal parks

and hopefully back home in time for tea.......

Coxovi

NSC Patron
Nov 5, 2011
Suisse
National history museum and the zoo. Anything before the Eye, unless they love queuing and anti-climaxes. I suppose it could be seen as a useful life lesson, at least.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
If she likes swimming, go onto the Olympic swimming pool we site and checkout Times of the extreme aquathon or whatever they call it with giant inflatables in the main completion pool. Really good fun and could be planned as an "infill" around other things you may want to do.

Ps Science museum is excellent . Bollox to those who say otherwise.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
If you are going to stay up there then you should be able to pack a decent amount in without it being too stressful. I did this with my little ones at the same time last year. We did the Eye and Aquarium on one day (next to each other), yes the queues are irritating but not that bad, and it's about the kids anyway, they loved both even though I thought they were a bit tired (the venues, not the kids). If you go up the Shard it's probably worth seeing how much it is to take her for 'tea', if you think she'll like that. That way you don't have to pay for the viewing tower, which quite possibly isn't worth the money. It's high enough at the hotel level anyway and you get two 'events' for one if you do this.

Lunch at an American diner went down well with my 10 year old. We didn't go. To any shows, or as a friend calls them; vacuous west-end spectacle, but they're always an entertaining night. One of the big markets is definitely a good shout.

We stayed in a Novotel or something which had a pool, so we did that as well, which had nobody else in it at any point we were there.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
That way you don't have to pay for the viewing tower, which quite possibly isn't worth the money. It's high enough at the hotel level anyway and you get two 'events' for one if you do this.

Guys hospital next door has terrific views of London, you can go upto the 32nd floor and have a free tooth check up. What's not to like :)

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Looking back to when I was that age, the science museum would always be the best option. Great place.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Does she know what a selfie is? Does she like trash such as 1 direction? If both answers are yes than Maddame Tussauds is the answer. However if your not a self obsessed child or someone who cares about celebrities then be prepared for boredom.

Although the 4D marvel movie at the end is superb

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I would seriously recommend the science museum over the others. Lots to do. Natural history is quite dull for kids as is the British Museum.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here