Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Suggestions for Andy Murray's weekend in Worthing...

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
One by Worthing station was called Illusions back in the day (think it became Illusions II). You could get a kebab and watch the fights whilst you waited for a cab...

Worthing used to have some decent pubs and/or something of a nightlife. Drinks down JDs or the ironically named Wine Lodge (think it became or was the Litten Tree) and off to the Factory for indie/rock night.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
One by Worthing station was called Illusions back in the day (think it became Illusions II). You could get a kebab and watch the fights whilst you waited for a cab...

Worthing used to have some decent pubs and/or something of a nightlife. Drinks down JDs or the ironically named Wine Lodge (think it became or was the Litten Tree) and off to the Factory for indie/rock night.

Known as Disillusions by those in the know...

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
If you mean the club attached to Chapman's/Grand Central It is still there although not sure what sort of state it's in these days.

That's the place, the club was always a bit ropey but have been to (much,much) worse.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
How about Andy having a light lunch in the BHS restaurant ? I believe it's getting some dour reviews, would seem appropriate ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
He's probably just about wealthy enough now to consider a meal at the Sea Lane Cafe.

Edit: he'll get well pissed off at the queue to get served though.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I work in Worthing within a workforce of about 70. This means I do attend the odd social event in the town. These evenings are enjoyable due to the people I am with. As a potential place for a weekend away I would avoid due to no decent pubs and a lack of character and identity within the centre.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
Benson's for those of us old enough

I do remember going to the Benson's Under 18 night on a Monday. When it became Illusions you could sit in Chapmans and wait until they opened it all up.

I also remember Flappers, which was renovated into Area 51 or something. Happy hour till 9 on a Saturday....

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

ferris_ferrit

Feb 1, 2011
Really? The locals or landlord? I know the landlord and he's the friendliest guy I know.

TBH I can't really remember, twas about 5 years ago I was in there. Got a very "locals only" vibe from it, I reckon we were probably about 20 years younger than everyone else in there at the time so it may have something to do with that. Maybe they weren't expecting two young and attractive, hip cats to come in?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Really? The locals or landlord? I know the landlord and he's the friendliest guy I know.

If it's going back a few years (20), then I could understand it.
I think the landlord was a chap called Pat, he didn't like non-regulars cluttering up the place.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I also remember Flappers, which was renovated into Area 51 or something. Happy hour till 9 on a Saturday....

Great place that Scarier 51 if you were early 30s, wanted to drink beyond 23.30 and chase the odd bit of milfy skirt. I'm sure Murray would have approved.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
He's probably just about wealthy enough now to consider a meal at the Sea Lane Cafe.

Edit: he'll get well pissed off at the queue to get served though.

couple more wimbledon wins and he wont notice the inflation busting price hike of their milkshakes :nono:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I work in Worthing within a workforce of about 70. This means I do attend the odd social event in the town. These evenings are enjoyable due to the people I am with. As a potential place for a weekend away I would avoid due to no decent pubs and a lack of character and identity within the centre.

Try the Corner House, used to be the Jack Horner, it's v.central. Food is extremely good and it's got a lovely vibe to the place. Reminds me of a few Hanover boozers. Mind you, I like the Swan over the road too for completely different reasons. It's definitely not for the hip and trendy to show off but v.friendly, plenty of space, spotlessly clean, billiard table - a good pub if you're in for a quiet one with mates.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I do remember going to the Benson's Under 18 night on a Monday. When it became Illusions you could sit in Chapmans and wait until they opened it all up.

Area 51 was brilliant for picking up MILFs. I do wonder whether the name was chosen to reflect the clientele though. There was also that nightclub opposite the Guildbourne car park. Was called Bubbles at one point in the 80s. Last time I was there was to see Finlay Quaye did a DJ set but he got kicked out mid-set for doing charlie in the DJ booth.

Nothing beats the Carioca though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here