Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Sue Gray is Red

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
It amused me, when searching to see who will make the decision on her appointment, that many outlets, Sky News, Independent online and others, are reporting 'Tory FURY' at the appointment.

I am not sure that FURY is likely to be their best strategy. Of course they are furious - that someone with impeccable integrity and talent has been recruited by the enemy.

But is FURY a good look? Johnson supporters are FURIOUSLY demanding that the Sue Grey report, the anticipation of which Johnson so lovingly used as a reason for not making any statements on any talk of any wrongdoing during his brief and unpleasant period as PM, be redacted as Red Labour Lies. Presumably to herald the Return of Johnson as PM.

Good luck with that.

I would have though that sly digs and po-face hubris, of the sort that are meat and two veg for the likes of Mogg, would have been a better strategy than FURY.

Personally I am overjoyed with tory FURY. I find it pleasing, nay, delightful. Long may it continue.
and of course if it had been the other way around, it would have been highlighted that this was a sensible career choice, opting to work with the incoming government.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I can't see why Keir wanted to get involved in the media now, he has been so good at keeping them off his and the Labour parties back.
Let's hope this calms down quickly, I think he has made a bit of a mess by appointing her.
What are you banging on about now? He plans to appoint a new chief of staff, not apear on 'I'm a celebrity'. :facepalm:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Personally I am overjoyed with tory FURY. I find it pleasing, nay, delightful. Long may it continue.
He deserved his win against Jake Paul, but I wouldn't go overboard at the moment.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don’t have a dog in the fight but this is as suspect as United getting 10 home games on the bounce in English cup competitions :wink:

Take that how you like

Johnson is not cleared by this development though.

No idea where to post this so here will have to do

No smoke without fire.

Innit.

:drool:

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
Possibly they took the view that this will be a storm in a teacup, and will subside quickly - and that the longer term objective of having someone of her calibre on their side is worth it. Plus, of course, it reminds everyone of Partygate. Plus, also, the House of Commons investigation is up and running, and will make its own decision soon about whether Johnson deliberately misled Parliament.
Maybe, seems a high risk to me, if Keir had waited until they win the election nothing would be said. It just gives the Tories ammunition to bring Labour's trust into question at a time Labour was restoring trust. Just seems a high risk to me that's all.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
What are you banging on about now? He plans to appoint a new chief of staff, not apear on 'I'm a celebrity'. :facepalm:
Calm down old chap. I am just concerned Keir put his foot in it.
Who knows it may blow over, or it may end up with a investigation into Sue Gray, and that would be distracting.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Johnson can be as furious as he wants but the facts are the facts
Like Bozza refereeing an Albion v Palace game. This announcement and outing of Sue Gray political colours does give rise to genuine questions of true impartiality.

That said, an offside is still offside regardless of whose ref, Bojo had parties against his own govt. advice, got caught, then tried to Bullshit his way out of it. Thems the facts.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Calm down old chap. I am just concerned Keir put his foot in it.
Who knows it may blow over, or it may end up with a investigation into Sue Gray, and that would be distracting.
Apologies. I mistook your concern for skepticism.

I suppose it could be seen as risky, but she appears to be the complete antithesis of, say, the clown, Cummins, that Johnson appointed who quit and then stabbed Johnson in the face.

This, I suspect is why the tories are furious. And risky though this may seem, I suspect the tories will gain nothing from their fury. Sunak is unlikely to get involved in a campaign to discredit the process that forced Johnson out. In order to pave the way....for Johnson's return. Crikey!

:thumbsup:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Maybe, seems a high risk to me, if Keir had waited until they win the election nothing would be said. It just gives the Tories ammunition to bring Labour's trust into question at a time Labour was restoring trust. Just seems a high risk to me that's all.
Only if you believe the bollocks from the mail. Any criticism of her will just open more boxes that the Tories are desperate to keep closed. The timing can’t be accidental.
I think there’ll be a popcorn shortage due to all the fun and games to come.
You can already see the main players trying to protect themselves which will mean lots of finger pointing, even more leaked texts and loads of press briefings blaming everyone else. Funny as f***.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
I think it's a great move by Labour, they know exactly how predictable the Tory / daily mail response would be and let it play out. Because, where once upon a time this kind of Trumpian conspiracy theory / witch-hunt / lefty establishment type rhetoric used to garner support for them, it's not landing anymore. It's only resonating with an ever decreasing cultish support base which would see them get wiped out in an election. Tories are being completely played here

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I think it's a great move by Labour, they know exactly how predictable the Tory / daily mail response would be and let it play out. Because, where once upon a time this kind of Trumpian conspiracy theory / witch-hunt / lefty establishment type rhetoric used to garner support for them, it's not landing anymore. It's only resonating with an ever decreasing cultish support base which would see them get wiped out in an election.
I bet that brilliant interview by Nick Robinson on R4 has already surpassed what the Starmer team were hoping for!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I think it's a really smart move by Starmer. Not only does it show a degree of professionalism and responsibility in appointing someone for admin skills and knowledge of government, rather than a party flunkey but it's skewered the Tories at the same time.

It's exquisite timing: in the week of the lockdown revelations, we're reminded how carelessly Johnson took his own responsibilities. If the Tories want to bring up Sue Gray and the No 10 parties, it will remind voters, once again, of the mess that Johnson made of everything ... and by association, Sunak (who was part of the government and who was also fined).

There's also the little matter of all the statements put out by Conservative ministers about Gray's integrity, experience and independence. Are they going to deny saying all those things?

I can't see why Keir wanted to get involved in the media now, he has been so good at keeping them off his and the Labour parties back.
Let's hope this calms down quickly, I think he has made a bit of a mess by appointing her.
I refer my honourable friend to my other honourable friend's earlier response :wink:

Last edited:

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
couldnt think of anyone more detached from the realities of Burnley council estate residents, than a public school prefect married to a billionaire.

He's going beyond John Major 1997 levels of wipeout.

No cost of living crisis in the Sunak household and having the ignominy of shopping in Waitrose when Fortnum and Mason run out of your favourite Wild boar with Apricot and pistacchio pate is as near as he gets to understanding real struggles.

I dont think he'll be PM at the election, the Tories who are pretty efficient at knifing their own, wont walk into electoral suicide without another night of the long knives. If the polls are still like this come Autumn, fishy Rishy will be ousted.
Sunak is a slippery scumbag.

When Starmer asked a question about the devastation that was going to be caused by the £500 increase in energy bills at PMQs this week, the half-arsed git couldn't stop grinning and smirking. It doesn't affect him and he clearly thought it was all a bit of a giggle.

What is it The Clamp says we should do? Ah yes, plough them all into a ditch.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I don’t have a dog in the fight but this is as suspect as United getting 10 home games on the bounce in English cup competitions :wink:

Take that how you like

Johnson is not cleared by this development though.

No idea where to post this so here will have to do

Not even an excited little chihuahua :wink:

Starmer is a such a sarcastic dick head, look forward to seeing he copes as PM which looks inevitable. Zero confidence in him personally, unpleasant smug man always sniping and no redeeming features at all imo.

I am not a fan of Liz Truss btw.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
This announcement and outing of Sue Gray political colours does give rise to genuine questions of true impartiality.
Of course taking a job for an organisation doesn't mean you automatically support that organisation. Not everyone who works for Brighton & Hove Albion FC supports the club and always has done.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Poor likkle Boris - he lied and bullied his way to the very top of the greasy pole, while his former employers, like that well-known ultra-Leftist Max Hastings, warned that Johnson was a narcissistic, pathological liar and gross incompetent who wasn't fit to run a bath. It was also widely known that he was a serial philander and adulterer who couldn't keep his dick in his pants.

Johnson proved what an awful person he was, politically and personally, as Prime Minister, with his arrogance, lack of eye for detail, toddler-like inability to focus on anything for more than two minutes, 'spaffing' thousands on gold wallpaper in Downing Street, spaffing £ billions of tax-payers on dodgy COVID contracts awarded to Tory donors and Ministers' mates, using PMQs to insult the Opposition rather than answer Questions, unlawfully suspending Parliament when he feared he might lose an important vote (so much for reclaiming parliamentary sovereignty post-Brexit), and holding several parties whilst placing the rest of us under lockdown. Imagine the (justified) Tory outrage if a Labour PM had done just 1% of these things.

Yet just like brain-dead swivel-eyed Trump supporters in the US, Johnson's uneducated zombie-like worshippers and Red Wall sycophants bleat that the arrogant, swaggering, egotistical, serial-shagging, bully is actually an innocent victim who's been stitched-up by the "Left-wing Establishment" and the Labour Party. Pure deranged Right-wing paranoia and reds-under-the-bed bullsh*t.

I'm old enough to remember when Tories believed in such a thing as 'individual responsibility', rather than always blaming everyone else. I guess, like most other things Tories preach, these rules only apply to us 'little people' while the Tories consider themselves to be above the law because of their privileged education (Eton's fees are £46,000 per year) and wealth; "Don't do as we do, do as we say you 'orrible plebs."

Tragically, Britain still has millions of cap-doffing, forelock-tugging, working-class Tories who look-up to arrogant, public-school-educated, millionaire, self-serving charlatans like Boris Johnson, Jacob Rees-Smugg and Nigel Farage - while complaining that "the Labour Party is too middle-class."

Sadly, Robert Tressell's brilliant (1915) The Ragged-Trousered Philanthropists could have been written today.
Excellent summary. Bloody brilliant book - which I would recommend to all.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Poor likkle Boris - he lied and bullied his way to the very top of the greasy pole, while his former employers, like that well-known ultra-Leftist Max Hastings, warned that Johnson was a narcissistic, pathological liar and gross incompetent who wasn't fit to run a bath. It was also widely known that he was a serial philander and adulterer who couldn't keep his dick in his pants.

Johnson proved what an awful person he was, politically and personally, as Prime Minister, with his arrogance, lack of eye for detail, toddler-like inability to focus on anything for more than two minutes, 'spaffing' thousands on gold wallpaper in Downing Street, spaffing £ billions of tax-payers on dodgy COVID contracts awarded to Tory donors and Ministers' mates, using PMQs to insult the Opposition rather than answer Questions, unlawfully suspending Parliament when he feared he might lose an important vote (so much for reclaiming parliamentary sovereignty post-Brexit), and holding several parties whilst placing the rest of us under lockdown. Imagine the (justified) Tory outrage if a Labour PM had done just 1% of these things.

Yet just like brain-dead swivel-eyed Trump supporters in the US, Johnson's uneducated zombie-like worshippers and Red Wall sycophants bleat that the arrogant, swaggering, egotistical, serial-shagging, bully is actually an innocent victim who's been stitched-up by the "Left-wing Establishment" and the Labour Party. Pure deranged Right-wing paranoia and reds-under-the-bed bullsh*t.

I'm old enough to remember when Tories believed in such a thing as 'individual responsibility', rather than always blaming everyone else. I guess, like most other things Tories preach, these rules only apply to us 'little people' while the Tories consider themselves to be above the law because of their privileged education (Eton's fees are £46,000 per year) and wealth; "Don't do as we do, do as we say you 'orrible plebs."

Tragically, Britain still has millions of cap-doffing, forelock-tugging, working-class Tories who look-up to arrogant, public-school-educated, millionaire, self-serving charlatans like Boris Johnson, Jacob Rees-Smugg and Nigel Farage - while complaining that "the Labour Party is too middle-class."

Sadly, Robert Tressell's brilliant (1915) The Ragged-Trousered Philanthropists could have been written today.
Add to this Lee Anderson being paraded in front of the masses to complain that in his youth poor families were a lot more resourceful, and you have the complete package.

It's unbelievable that Anderson thinks that pulling together equates to people who visit food banks being more thrifty. While hedge fund managers run off with your pension fund losses and Trussonomics entirely derails the economy with attempted tax cuts for the rich, the Tory Party chairman is put in place to appeal (and attempt to grow) and right wing working class that hates immigrants and turns its ire on itself.

When will people wake up!?

Those people desperately crossing the channel are not responsible for the gulf between the haves and have nots in this country. They are not responsible for the lack of growth, investment or fair equity in the UK.

Being able to cook a meal for your family for 30p is NOT a badge of honour!

From the arrogance of Rees Mogg to the bullying of Anderson, this government is corrupt to the core.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here