Subsidised Train Travel

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Personally, I think that travel zone thing might need looking at for fairness.

You've got 10 miles free travel from the west, 15 miles from the north, but only 3.5 miles free travel from the east. However, if they did change it, I would hope it wouldn't be at the expense of people to the west and north.

Just a thought, like.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011

You've got 10 miles free travel from the west, 15 miles from the north, but only 3.5 miles free travel from the east. However, if they did change it, I would hope it wouldn't be at the expense of people to the west and north.

Just a thought, like.

May be as, to the west you have Pompey and saints, to the north Crawley and palace, to the east? Rye united?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Just a thought, like.

Now we are on the east side of Brighton it does seem a bit unfair you can travel miles further to the west, I would say extending to at least Polegate would help and certainly even it up with Seaford. Especially as there are not even any P&R options either

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
Now we are on the east side of Brighton it does seem a bit unfair you can travel miles further to the west, I would say extending to at least Polegate would help and certainly even it up with Seaford. Especially as there are not even any P&R options either

Agreed would be free travel for me!!

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
To be honest I'd say Worthing is pretty much Albion turf too.
Should be from Worthing at the West, Seaford at the East and Haywards Heath at the North (if it isn't already?)

That's very optimistic, mind, and would be quite expensive for the club.

Seaford IS in the travel zone; Glynde and stations further east are not (although Berwick, and Glynde are nearer to Falmer than Seaford is).

The zone boundaries haven't changed since Withdean days.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Seaford IS in the travel zone; Glynde and stations further east are not (although Berwick, and Glynde are nearer to Falmer than Seaford is).

The zone boundaries haven't changed since Withdean days.

Sorry I wasn't clear, I was meaning that it would be fairer if the zone went at least to Polegate on the Eastbourne line as it goes all the way to Seaford after Lewes the other way

rrruss

Wandering Seagull
I had to buy a train ticket from Lewes on Saturday. The guy at the station said there was no travel voucher on the match ticket so I had to pay. Was he right?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I had to buy a train ticket from Lewes on Saturday. The guy at the station said there was no travel voucher on the match ticket so I had to pay. Was he right?

No. This season flashing a ticket or season ticket will count as this. APART from tomorrow night

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here