Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Subs for sat

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I thought Murphy was about a third or half the price of Manu, depending what version you believe

All reports and speculation I read say Murphy was in the region of £2m, and Elvis something similar - possibly 2m Euros.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I reckon Manu will start, you don't pay that sort of money for a reserve
Being on the bench for the first game since joining wouldn't mean he's just a reserve. To play him would mean dropping Rosenoir, who played very well against Ipswich. That could happen, but hardly surprising if it doesn't. And wingers are always getting little injuries or running out of steam, so Elvis will have plenty of opportunity.

Personally I think it'll be:

Starting XI: Stockdale, Bruno (c), Dunk, Uwe, Bong, LuaLua, Stephens, Kayal, Manu, Baldock, Hemed

Bench: Maenpaa, Greer, Rosenior, Forster-Caskey, Murphy, Ince, Zamora

Harsh on Rosenior as he was arguably the best player against Ipswich but I think Kaz will switch back over to the right and Manu will start.
Kaz has been the best player in the division, playing on the left, so surely switching him to the right would be an unnecessary risk.

All reports and speculation I read say Murphy was in the region of £2m
I think he was a lot less.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
All reports and speculation I read say Murphy was in the region of £2m, and Elvis something similar - possibly 2m Euros.

You're right: the Argus reported it as £1.75m - that's a lot more than I thought.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Greer will play if fully fit. The only player Dunk would replace is Uwe and it does not seem he did enough when he came on against Ipswich to achieve that.

Greer is the glue that holds the back line together.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I can understand Hughton picking Rosenior for a tough away game like Ipswich and he did very well. However, for home matches, I think we'd be better off starting an attacking player on both wings so I would start Murphy or Manu on the right with Kazenga on the left.

Can still see Rosenior replacing Bruno fairly soon. I will point out not at the mo because Bruno's been great this season, however I think Rosenior is better... my opinion of course...

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
As our team for Saturday pretty muchs picks itself I was just wandering who the subs will be & who will not even make the bench.

My subs are

Maenpaa
Dunk
Ince
JFK
Murphy
Elvis
BZ

Do you have Kaz and March starting? otherwise I would expect to see March on the Bench with Murphy starting.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Greer will play if fully fit. The only player Dunk would replace is Uwe and it does not seem he did enough when he came on against Ipswich to achieve that.

Indeed. Looked shakey, could easily have given away a penalty for hand-ball, and the back 4 looked less solid with him playing. He'll be back to top form soon, but for now, it's Uwe and Gordon for me.

I would say that it will be a winger instead of Rosenior to start, who that is will probably depend on how they have trained this week. Murphy is the favourite, but you can't rule out Elvis starting.

That would give us, as has been mentioned a lot of options on the bench.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
No place for march,calde or crofts.

Things must be going well

I would not expect Calde or Crofts to kick a ball for us this season unless we have injuries or suspensions.

Both cracking pros and decent players but we have much better options available now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here