Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Sub Bass Niceness - Your favourites.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
ooh nice thread

scooter1

How soon is now?
Slightly related.
I was at a Kasabian soundcheck down at the Brighton Ctr a few years ago, and they place their subs under the stage.
To get the right level, they place a full bottle of water(complete with lid, just in case you're reading Mr Barber) in the middle of the stage and turn the subs up until the bottle bounces and topples. Apparently every venue has a slightly different threshold, and that's what works for them..

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
An old favourite from Jah Shaka sessions up at The Rocket, Holloway Road, back in the day. To be fair, most of what Shaka plays hits you right in the belly and makes your trousers shake if you stand too close to the speaker boxes :lol:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Slightly related.
I was at a Kasabian soundcheck down at the Brighton Ctr a few years ago, and they place their subs under the stage.
To get the right level, they place a full bottle of water(complete with lid, just in case you're reading Mr Barber) in the middle of the stage and turn the subs up until the bottle bounces and topples. Apparently every venue has a slightly different threshold, and that's what works for them..
I saw a Sound System documentary once and one of the young Soundbwoys was showing how they tested their speaker boxes. He struck a match just in front of it and if there was enough air being pushed to blow out the match, it was a keeper :lolol:

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
...and a guilty pleasure which is brutal with a big, thundering sub. I'm seriously considering saving up a bit of cash and a bit of re-work in the car now just for the nostalgia of it.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Loving this! 😍

I've seen Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan live, also Mehr and Sher Ali too. The latter with a big Pakistani contingent in attendance, and both experiences were heavenly.

Love this mix, especially with the little Harmonium samples in there. Proper essence of Qawwali.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here