Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Suarez

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Conflicting evidence on the great person front. The racist comments to Evra count strongly against him.

It does, though there are some extenuating circumstances, like conflicting words on what exactly was said and the fact that Suarez was new in England having grown up in a country where some words are seen as far less offensive. In some cultures talking about someones mother or calling them a dog is seen as the worst thing you can do; I certainly dont know all the social rules of every country and wont expect everyone from far abroad to immediatly understand what is ok or not ok over here.

That said, that thing along with the biting are obviously not his finest moments but he appears to be a family man, model professional and quite down to earth.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Fantastic player and appears to be a great person as well.

How good does a footballer have to be before we ignore the racism stuff? For me, a lot better than Suarez.

Be a sad, sad day if he came here.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
I remember being at an evening when Caldie said he was the hardest player he ever played against, his feet worked faster than Caldie could think. Would be a great 6month signing but fails on dickheads, biteing and racism.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Great fit for Newcastle. But maybe not this window.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here