Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Suarez

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
the combined attendances for the 3 games I've mentioned was around 150,000 - and we've found 2 racists out of 150,000, one of which was a Man U fan....to further that, nearly a million people watch football at Anfield each season...its not even an issue any more in football, UNLESS it is made one by the press and people with agendas....its flavour of the month now, Sky are now bringing up Stuart Pearce calling Paul Ince a "black ****" in 1994....ironically, at the time, Alex Ferguson defended it as a heat of the moment exchange and got on with things...

Its hardly the 80s any more when racism was much more prevelant, and basically, the statistics show that football in England doesnt have a racism problem in general - isolated incidents yes, but nothing like the press would have you beleive...

This. All i can hear is "hallelujah, hallelujah". Thankyou thankyou thankyou!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I can't see why you would support Suarez in this - I hate Man u with a passion but Dalgleish and Suarez have managed to get a majority of people on Evra's side in this. I think Evra was ready to shake hands but Suarez was not going to in any event. Amazingly Fergie manages to come out good in this - normally he avoids saying anything about his players but even after the rant at Suarez and Liverpool he didn't avoid the issue and DID say Evra should not have wound the crowd up at the end.

And Dalgleish is sinking really low in many peoples eyes - I can't see the Liverpool owners being pleased at this and unless Liverpool do really well in the run in I expect him to step down as soon as a quiet moment comes along.
Ferguson may hav said that Evra shouldn't have done what he did..but he also said that he thought it was understandable ....so let's not paint ferguson as a goody goody here..he blantantly isent........one question why did he make Evra captain for the day? Provocative?

Buffalo Seagull

Jun 1, 2006
Geelong, Vic, Australia
Suarez's hand goes straight towards De Gea's, there is no motion towards Evra's hand at all. Compare what Suarez does when he's in front of Evra to what he does in front of Ferdinand. There is no way he wanted to shake Evra's hand.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Suarez's hand goes straight towards De Gea's, there is no motion towards Evra's hand at all. Compare what Suarez does when he's in front of Evra to what he does in front of Ferdinand. There is no way he wanted to shake Evra's hand.

Evra dropped his hand in front of Suarez. I would have taken it as him not wanting to shake hands.

Blooby stupid exercise anyway.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Ferguson may hav said that Evra shouldn't have done what he did..but he also said that he thought it was understandable ....so let's not paint ferguson as a goody goody here..he blantantly isent........one question why did he make Evra captain for the day? Provocative?

Evra's been captain most of the season as Vidic has been injured.

Yoda

English & European
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

I've been watching it again and again. From different angles it looks like Suarez goes straight past Evra, and from others it looks like Evra didn't move to take Suarez's hand UNTIL it was going past to take de Gea's out reached hand and Evra grabs his arm.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Setting aside the rights and wrongs of this, and I don't think there are any winners, its going to be very interesting to see how all the noise about this affects the Liverpool squad over the coming week in the run-up to our game with them.

I can't see the media letting go of this so will the cup be a welcome distraction or will the focus slip?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Suarez was street wise

Just refused Evra's handshake at Old Trafford. We'll have to hear endless
chat about that instead of football....again.

He did not punch the bully Evra in the head. Showed remarkable restraint.

The technique is to avoid bullies and make sure you don't get smashed in the head when you turn your back!

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Setting aside the rights and wrongs of this, and I don't think there are any winners, its going to be very interesting to see how all the noise about this affects the Liverpool squad over the coming week in the run-up to our game with them.

I can't see the media letting go of this so will the cup be a welcome distraction or will the focus slip?
Winners are the media ...gives them something to talk about over and over again dissecting every minuscule detail ...well this along with the England job....zzzzzzz

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I've been watching it again and again. From different angles it looks like Suarez goes straight past Evra, and from others it looks like Evra didn't move to take Suarez's hand UNTIL it was going past to take de Gea's out reached hand and Evra grabs his arm.

Yes thats the way I see it but..... Evra seems to be waiting for Suarez to offer his hand and did have his hand ready to shake it. also Suarez is walking down the line shaking hands he made no eye contact with Evra but Evra was staring at him.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Ferguson being painted the good guy in a lot of BBC reporting..the guy who refused to talk to them for years...o how times change..hypocrites the lot of them

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Winners are the media ...gives them something to talk about over and over again dissecting every minuscule detail ...well this along with the England job....zzzzzzz

But they're not. Are they. They are ignoring Rio's refusal to shake Suarez's hand. At half time they stopped the video of Rio's foul on Suarez as soon as they had proved contact with the ball (ignoring Rio's left leg following through and taking Suarez down). They are not dissecting every minuscule detail, just the ones they want to give coverage to.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
But they're not. Are they. They are ignoring Rio's refusal to shake Suarez's hand. At half time they stopped the video of Rio's foul on Suarez as soon as they had proved contact with the ball (ignoring Rio's left leg following through and taking Suarez down). They are not dissecting every minuscule detail, just the ones they want to give coverage to.

Give them time they will...they need to spend hours and hours on this crap...let's not all the facts ..such as that self righteous dickhead ferdinands ctions get in the way of the witchunt against the Liverpool player

IMO

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here