Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Suarez scores against Kusczak

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
From 2:44

Poor goalkeeping in my opinion, he seemed ultra slow to come out and cover at Suarez feet

[video]http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=DlcLkky6jcU&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DDlc Lkky6jcU[/video]

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
He should have done better, but Suarez is a top player - He clearly didn't anticipate the pace, and decided to back out rather than concede a penalty (and potentially get a dismissal too)

Yes, I was probably being a little harsh! I guess if the game was a competition one then he might have taken his chances and been a bit more urgent.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
And Suarez does Score !

Trying to lure Suarez into going for a dive ??? Put in an impossible position.

He should have, of course, lured Suarez in trying to shoot through his legs and then to sit on the ball.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You can't really criticise kuszczak for that. When the player has the ball so far out, you can't come off your line too soon or he has an easy lob. You have to stay back until he gets close, then close him down fast, which he did, but even that wasn't enough because suarez is a great player who is in form at the moment.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Kuszczak doesn't appear to get any blame at all, for anything.

He is deffinitely at fault for that goal, he should have been there in plenty of time. But he was on his heels and couldn't get there in time. A better goalkeeper gets there first. And a better goalkeeper doesn't get beaten by Wolves' second goal on saturday.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Whilst it was against a top striker, i do think he could have done better - id've have preferred him to commit to either staying back or coming clean out, alas he hesitated and it made Suarez's job easier.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

He is deffinitely at fault for that goal, he should have been there in plenty of time. But he was on his heels and couldn't get there in time. A better goalkeeper gets there first. And a better goalkeeper doesn't get beaten by Wolves' second goal on saturday.

:facepalm:

He had to stay back, he would have just provided Suarez with the simplest of lobs if he'd come rushing out straight away, he came out as soon as it was clear to do so but Suarez was moving too fast so rather than concede a pen and get sent off potentially, he backs off. Couldn't have done that much more with the situation.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield

If you look at it like that, than a better keeper would have let half the goals Joe Hart let in last night.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
If you look at it like that, than a better keeper would have let half the goals Joe Hart let in last night.

Well, I think most people would agree that Hart had a bad night. On another night, the free kick certainly doesn't beat him and the volley would have hit him in the face and gone safe. It was a poor performance from a good goalkeeper.

It isn't easy playing in goal, I've been doing it a bit more recently and it gives you a different insight into the mentality of the keeper. I'm not saying I'd have done better than Kuszczak did, obviously I wouldn't have. But I think Casillas, Buffon or Neuer would have been more committed to doing SOMETHING, than Kuszczak was. They might not have been cleanly taking the ball, but they would have forced Suarez's hand a bit more than Kuszczak did by moving aside. It's only a friendly ultimately, I'm glad he didn't allow himself to be clattered. But I wonder whether he'd have done anything differently in a competitive match or not. We'll never know.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I dont think anybody can blame Hart for the free kick as it was completely Osman's fault. Hart lined the wall up to cover that post and Osman ran out of the wall and left a huge gap to aim through, which is the whole point of lining the wall up in the first place..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here