Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Suarez: FA publishes reasons for his ban in full

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
115 pages for a racist insult that's more extensive than some court case submissions

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Anyone want to ask Gus what he makes of this release?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You only need to read the first page really, and not even all of that page..

The FA's case, in short, was as follows. In the goalmouth, Mr Evra and Mr Suarez spoke to
each other in Spanish. Mr Evra asked Mr Suarez why he had kicked him, referring to the
foul five minutes previously. Mr Suarez replied "Porque tu eres negro", meaning "Because
you are black". Mr Evra then said to Mr Suarez “say it to me again, I’m going to punch
you”. Mr Suarez replied "No hablo con los negros", meaning "I don't speak to blacks". Mr
Evra continued by saying that he now thought he was going to punch Mr Suarez. Mr
Suarez replied "Dale, negro, negro, negro", which meant "okay, blackie, blackie, blackie".
As Mr Suarez said this, he reached out to touch Mr Evra's arm, gesturing at his skin. Mr
Kuyt then intervened. When the referee blew his whistle and called the players over to
him shortly after the exchanges in the goalmouth, Mr Evra said to the referee "ref, ref, he
just called me a f***ing black".

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
If that is what was said then deserves the ban and makes liverpools players supporting him look an unwise move

Evra was hardly the innocent victim.

Mr Evra stated that the goalmouth incident started when he addressed Mr Suarez,
beginning with the phrase "Concha de tu hermana". According to the experts, the literal
translation is "your sister's ****" and it can be taken as a general swear word expressing
anger, although the word "concha" is not as taboo as the English word "****". It is thus
equivalent to "f***ing hell" or "f*** me". If directed at someone in particular, it can also be
understood as "[you] son of a bitch".

The asterisks are NSC's. The FA aren't as squeamish as we are.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
fascinating stuff. i look forward to the report on John Terry

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Evra was hardly the innocent victim.

Mr Evra stated that the goalmouth incident started when he addressed Mr Suarez,
beginning with the phrase "Concha de tu hermana". According to the experts, the literal
translation is "your sister's ****" and it can be taken as a general swear word expressing
anger, although the word "concha" is not as taboo as the English word "****". It is thus
equivalent to "f***ing hell" or "f*** me". If directed at someone in particular, it can also be
understood as "[you] son of a bitch".

The asterisks are NSC's. The FA aren't as squeamish as we are.

that's fine then. just so long as we know where racism isn't too bad, evra was obviously partially responsible

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
I could probably write 115 pages about reasons why we should'nt sign Billy 'barn door' Paynter though

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
115 pages ? pah , John Terry's report will be published in two volumes.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
You only need to read the first page really, and not even all of that page..

Nice attention to detail. Read the expert observations for both parties from page 47 and then say that. It is not straightforward at all, and the expert observations (along with my knowledge of Spanish) hint at Suarez being correct in the use of the language.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Is there an explanation for why they have taken Evra's word over Suarez's? I know they used language experts to determine the offensiveness of certain Uruguayan phrases, but did Suarez actually admit to using them, or was there any supporting evidence?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
f***ing hell! I'm meant to going to the Ancient Mariner tonight. Instead, I've delayed myself by spending the last hour or so reading about Referee Marriner's report amongst other conclusions in the findings. A good example of how NSC can f*** up your social life...

They believed Evra's account as they found him to be more consistent and articulate throughout the process. They supposedly found inconsistencies between the accounts that Suarez gave at different times. One of the key factors was that Suarez claimed to be trying to defuse a situation even though he pinched Evra during that time. They also did not believe Suarez was using the word 'negro', which he admits to, in a neutral or affectionate manner, given the context of animosity between the two players during the game. They believed Evra even though Evra lacked understanding of the meaning of the words he used ('sister's ****') which he thought meant 'f***ing hell' and even though he thought 'negro' meant the same as 'n---er'.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
blimey,
sent off/banned in world cup for blatant cheating
banned in holland for 7(?) games for having a bite at an opponents ear
banned in england for 8 games for above.

lovely bloke,
can see why the scousers were so quick to jump to his defence and stick up for him.....

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Last edited:

Well, you just had to KNOW that Suarez was not simply referring, sweet and innocently, to Evra as a "little black person"(negrito or however his endearing terminology is spelled).
Suarez couldn't deny it completely, so he tried the grey the area and water it down.

Now - if Gus believed his story because he is Uruguayan, or because he has some innate understanding of heritage that allows for belief in your fellow countryman - then I am truly worried for him. As many have already offered, he should really have stayed well clear.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here