Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Suarez BITES again - ***Update: Luis Suarez banned from ALL football for 4 months***

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
SSN just pointed out that as well as the first 9 league games, Liverpool's first three Champions League fixtures are in that 4 month period too.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
I think that is very light and FIFA have bottled it no different from his Liverpool ban except the training part. It will be interesting to see if GUS defends him

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
I to agree that Fifa have bottled it, was expecting something longer than that. Considering his previous.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Do you think it's fair they pay the wages of a player who is banned on international duty?

He has no one but himself to blame, but I can see this going on for some time

I agree that he only has himself to blame. And on the wages issue, I agree it is harsh, but Liverpool know Suarez and the problems he brings with him. For all we know, he may have a 'no pay when suspended' clause in his contract.*

*However, I am now starting to speculate on things that none of us have a clue about!!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I agree that he only has himself to blame. And on the wages issue, I agree it is harsh, but Liverpool know Suarez and the problems he brings with him. For all we know, he may have a 'no pay when suspended' clause in his contract.*

*However, I am now starting to speculate on things that none of us have a clue about!!

I must add, I hate both Liverpool and Suarez!

I think he can be transferred puts a different spin on it, they can sell him so it's up to them now.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Interesting point:

"The administrative tasks probably include registration too.

So he will surely miss the whole champions league group stage then since we can't even register him for the later games?"

"That's correct. The discussion I have just been hearing on BBC is that he will miss all of champion's league."

"Who's to say he isn't out to January cause he might have to be registered for that as well"

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Interesting point:

"The administrative tasks probably include registration too.

So he will surely miss the whole champions league group stage then since we can't even register him for the later games?"

"That's correct. The discussion I have just been hearing on BBC is that he will miss all of champion's league."

Surely that's the same for the league?

They have to register him in the squad

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
He will still finish the league with the most goals scored. Liverpool wont see and if they do it wont be cut price, they are no mugs.

The fans wont turn there backs on him either, they will claim it was at international level and not for the club.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Liverpool mongs claiming LFC are being punished by FIFA

.. No, your bell end player is being punished , Liverpool are just the knock on effect , it's your hero's fault and no one else's.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here