Suarez BITES again - ***Update: Luis Suarez banned from ALL football for 4 months***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Just take his Front teeth out .. preferably with an elbow !

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
How the hell did the ref not see that?....
IMG_0742.jpg

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
Just don't understand why anyone in any walk of life would attempt to bite someone. To do it several times in front of tv cameras that have super slow mo in hi def etc.
Just crazy. Great footballer, but easy to dislike.

Same as shumacher win at all costs

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
In which case, if he is incapable of controlling himself and can't stop himself from biting opponents, then he has no place on a football pitch. Quite apart from the fact that bites which break the skin can cause infections, how long will it be before he does a Tyson and has a chunk of someones ear off ?

Sounds crazy, but we are dealing with someone who has a psychological problem. I wouldn't want to be marking him.

I'm saying this tongue in cheek to a certain extent but surely a psychological disorder needs treatment not excessive punishment. I'm gonna stop with all of this now because I don't want to look like I'm defending his actions. When he reflects on it he'll know that what he's done was wrong, instinctual but wrong none the less.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I love how the Mickey's are are defending him on their forums.

It's not his fault, etc.etc.etc.

Scousers blaming other people? Whatever next.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I don't see how people are trying to say it's no worse than a punch, elbow or a headbutt. It's the wierdness of it all which makes it worse.

What if I was a professional footballer and stuck my finger up someone's arse? It's not a worse injury than a broken leg or a elbow to the face, some footballers probably even like it................. but it world be properly odd, just like a grown man biting other grown men.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Uruguayan FA defends Luis Suárez, claiming bite marks are Photoshopped

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/25/luis-suarez-uruguay-fight-against-ban

Not a surprise really, it's a shame they didn't look at the pictures and saw them for what they were. It really does look awful that Suarez runs toward the Italian defender and leans in and bites him then realises that the Italian has gone down ( this is going to look like I have done something bad) so, he goes down clutching his face to try to make things look like its a "coming together" clash in the box. Absolutely shameful, there is no way anyone can dress this up as anything other than a despicable assault.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
If, and I think it's a big if, any ban is extended to include domestic games as well, will Liverpool have the right to appeal?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm saying this tongue in cheek to a certain extent but surely a psychological disorder needs treatment not excessive punishment.

Well, a lengthy ban is not only a punishment for him, it's also for the protection of other players, who have a right to take the field without wondering whether they're on his menu or not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports