Suarez BITES again - ***Update: Luis Suarez banned from ALL football for 4 months***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You think Cantona should have criminally convicted for the stamp on the Swindon player?

What about Keane stamping on Southgate?

You think these men should have stood in the dock over the incidents?

That would be for the CPS to decide based on the evidence and likelihood of a successful prosecution. What I do think is that stepping within the white lines of a football pitch doesn't suddenly make you immune to the law.

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
Whilst I agree that he has to get some sort of ban, there is far worse injuries caused to opponents than what he did. Broken legs compared to barely broken skin: I know everyone will hark on about intent but imho talk of lengthy bans are unfair. He needs help dealing with his frustration on the pitch which lead to aggression just like many other players: the problem for him is that his aggression presents itself in a socially unacceptable manner.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Fishing for what?

Seriously, imagine football with ZERO controversy zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Controversy is one thing - disputed goals, unfair penalty decisions, red cards etc...but violence? Maybe we get our level of excitement in different ways, but i'm not a fan of getting excited when someone decides that playing the game isn't necessary and begins to take (literally) lumps out of people.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Just seen Suarez's take on the incident via Twitter, he's quoted on Uruguays Channel 10 radio station saying:

"These things happen in the area. We were chest against shoulder. I also immediately suffered a blow to the eye".

Then (unsurprisingly) he moved on and started blathering about how great they'd done to qualify. See he really doesn't GET it does he ?

1. Yes, these things DO happen in the area Luis, but seemingly only with you.
2. Your chest was not on his shoulder. Your gaping MAW was.
3. If you immediately suffered a blow to the eye, then why were you sat there hoilding your teeth ?

He's like a child, just saying anything to try and deflect the blame, to try and absolve responsibility. Sorry old son, the whole world knows you're a cheat, a thug and a racist on the pitch. And a liar off it. Get those golf clubs ready, you're going to have a LOT of time to get that handicap down, you swarthy buck-toothed mentalist freak.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Code:
Whilst I agree that he has to get some sort of ban, there is far worse injuries caused to opponents than what he did. Broken legs compared to barely broken skin: I know everyone will hark on about intent but imho talk of lengthy bans are unfair. He needs help dealing with his frustration on the pitch which lead to aggression just like many other players: the problem for him is that his aggression presents itself in a socially unacceptable manner.

I don't believe what I'm reading from some, tackles are part of the game, occasionally it goes too far and somebody gets badly hurt... Having played myself at a low level, you are always concious of the risk involved if you get a bad challenge but it's part of the game you have to expect.

Biting is a totally different matter all together, if I walked up to someone where I work and bit them do you think I'd get away with it? You'd be sacked on the spot and probably be criminally convicted, why do some think it's ok just because he's 'frustrated' or what have you? three times he's done this, THREE times. :facepalm:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
FIFA meeting this evening to chew over what happened yesterday. Suarez might have to wear a Hannibal Lecter face mask for the rest of his career.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Could he genuinely have some kind of psychological disorder? He has unusually large gnashers, perhaps he was bullied about them when he was a kid. It's very unusual for an adult to behave like this.

He tried biting Chiellini before during the Confederations cup too:

ppfDwFI.jpg

Wow, haven't seen that before. I wonder how many times he's tried and missed, or just about managed to hold himself back.

And yes, I do think he has a psychological disorder of some kind. He must have.

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
Wizard, I'm not condoning what he's done, just trying to put a different view point forward, hardly worth 13 pages of us all saying the same thing. All that I'm saying is that Luis Saurez's moments of madness lead to aggression (just like every other player) which is deemed socially unacceptable: but does a slight graze on the shoulder compared to career treating injures really warrant this level of animosity toward him. He needs and deserves to be punished, albeit not to the level that has been suggested since the incident. Also the analogy between our lives and that of footballers never works.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Wizard, I'm not condoning what he's done, just trying to put a different view point forward, hardly worth 13 pages of us all saying the same thing. All that I'm saying is that Luis Saurez's moments of madness lead to aggression (just like every other player) which is deemed socially unacceptable: but does a slight graze on the shoulder compared to career treating injures really warrant this level of animosity toward him. He needs and deserves to be punished, albeit not to the level that has been suggested since the incident. Also the analogy between our lives and that of footballers never works.

I don't think it is the same, most career ending tackles are normally due to over aggression and bad timing when trying to get the ball, so they are a split second of madness. Suarez wasn't even trying to get the ball and it was a conscious action.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
[video]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-27919896[/video]

Genuine Suarez ad

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
There are plenty of similar acts which have occurred this world cup, particularly from Brazil during the first match and there isn't the same furore regarding those incidents.

It's interesting, obviously biting is a weird thing for a grown man to do, but imo it's no worse and requires a ban no longer than that for headbutting and or elbowing to the face.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Could he genuinely have some kind of psychological disorder? He has unusually large gnashers, perhaps he was bullied about them when he was a kid. It's very unusual for an adult to behave like this.

He tried biting Chiellini before during the Confederations cup too:

ppfDwFI.jpg

Wow, haven't seen that before. I wonder how many times he's tried and missed, or just about managed to hold himself back.

And yes, I do think he has a psychological disorder of some kind. He must have.

How the hell do you know he's trying to bite him here?? Haha. Jump to conclusions why not.

Look! Gerrard's telling him not to bite the Ox's hand here but he can't help himself!!!1!!

Blatant+penalty+-+Suarez+dive

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
I'd argue that the situation is so extraordinary especially after the previous 2 incidents that it's unlikely that it was a conscious act. Think about it: even Suarez would know what the worst possible thing he could have done in that game was!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'd argue that the situation is so extraordinary especially after the previous 2 incidents that it's unlikely that it was a conscious act. Think about it: even Suarez would know what the worst possible thing he could have done in that game was!

In which case, if he is incapable of controlling himself and can't stop himself from biting opponents, then he has no place on a football pitch. Quite apart from the fact that bites which break the skin can cause infections, how long will it be before he does a Tyson and has a chunk of someones ear off ?

Sounds crazy, but we are dealing with someone who has a psychological problem. I wouldn't want to be marking him.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
In which case, if he is incapable of controlling himself and can't stop himself from biting opponents, then he has no place on a football pitch. Quite apart from the fact that bites which break the skin can cause infections, how long will it be before he does a Tyson and has a chunk of someones ear off ?

Sounds crazy, but we are dealing with someone who has a psychological problem. I wouldn't want to be marking him.

He should be banned from all forms of football. He obviously has some kind of major problem as this is now his third biting offence. Banning him from international games is not enough. If you were a motorist convicted of a very bad offence on a motorway you would get banned from all roads, not just motorways. Throw the book and give him a lengthy ban and 2 years with a shrink.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He should be banned from all forms of football. He obviously has some kind of major problem as this is now his third biting offence. Banning him from international games is not enough. If you were a motorist convicted of a very bad offence on a motorway you would get banned from all roads, not just motorways. Throw the book and give him a lengthy ban and 2 years with a shrink.

Agreed. I'd say a years total ban at least, and if he intends to continue as a professional footballer after the ban, then he gets ongoing psychological help for his problem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports