Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Suarez BITES again - ***Update: Luis Suarez banned from ALL football for 4 months***

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
You can tell if an elbow/punch is meant on a reply

But the most you will get for a deliberate elbow is a few games, certainly not a 2 year ban.

If Neymar connected with Modric (and was seen by the ref) in the first game he would have got a 3 game ban max

I think it's a question of instinct, I'm sure most of us (who've played football) have swung an arm, kicked out at someone - Sometimes when the red mist comes down we react, but biting is not something that humans instinctively do (is it?) - It's animalistic and something most people can't really empathise with. I'm not saying you don't have a point, it's definitely a question worth asking, but I can see why alot of people have a WTF type reaction. That, and the fact that he's a massive cock.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I think it's a question of instinct, I'm sure most of us (who've played football) have swung an arm, kicked out at someone - Sometimes when the red mist comes down we react, but biting is not something that humans instinctively do (is it?) - It's animalistic and something most people can't really empathise with. I'm not saying you don't have a point, it's definitely a question worth asking, but I can see why alot of people have a WTF type reaction. That, and the fact that he's a massive cock.

I try to kick out, but i am shit and too slow.... maybe i should try a nibble next time.

He is a massive cock, I don't think this helps him.

Is a bite worse than this - which got a 6 match ban

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xh17rw_ben-thatcher-elbow-on-pedro-mendes_shortfilms

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You can tell if an elbow/punch is meant on a reply

But the most you will get for a deliberate elbow is a few games, certainly not a 2 year ban.

If Neymar connected with Modric (and was seen by the ref) in the first game he would have got a 3 game ban max

A punch is a deliberate act of violence. Biting is a deliberate act of violence. In both those instances, there is irrefutible INTENT to injure and hurt an opponent. You have to separate those from other instances, because there is no doubt about the intent - it IS a deliberate act of violence.

An elbow or a tackle is more ambiguous. Yes it can be just as dangerous, but you cannot always prove that there was intent there. Sometimes it looks deliberate, sometimes it doesn't, you have to judge its case on its own merits. But its not as black and white as a punch or a bite. With a bite or a punch, any doubt about intent is removed. Its a naked act of violence, he's done it 3 times now, and so that warrants a maHOOsive worldwide ban IMO.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
A punch is a deliberate act of violence. Biting is a deliberate act of violence. In both those instances, there is irrefutible INTENT to injure and hurt an opponent. You have to separate those from other instances, because there is no doubt about the intent - it IS a deliberate act of violence.

An elbow or a tackle is more ambiguous. Yes it can be just as dangerous, but you cannot always prove that there was intent there. Sometimes it looks deliberate, sometimes it doesn't, you have to judge its case on its own merits. But its not as black and white as a punch or a bite. With a bite or a punch, any doubt about intent is removed. Its a naked act of violence, he's done it 3 times now, and so that warrants a maHOOsive worldwide ban IMO.

See my previous post of Ben thatchers elbow, basically assault.

6 Game ban - what is worse?

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
See my previous post of Ben thatchers elbow, basically assault.

6 Game ban - what is worse?

Thatcher should have got longer for that offence, absolutely no doubt. It was pure thuggery.

Was that the third time he'd done it though ?

And the fact that Thatcher wasn't adequately punished 10 years ago hardly justifies "going easy" on Suarez now, does it ?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Thatcher should have got longer for that offence, absolutely no doubt. It was pure thuggery.

Was that the third time he'd done it though ?

And the fact that Thatcher wasn't adequately punished 10 years ago hardly justifies "going easy" on Suarez now, does it ?

Second, he did Summerbee as well

Its not going easy on him, missing the world cup, 10 game fine and a massive fine is enough.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Second, he did Summerbee as well

Its not going easy on him, missing the world cup, 10 game fine and a massive fine is enough.

So you're saying he should get exactly the same punishment as the one he got for the bite on Ivanovic then ?
Sorry, but for a THIRD biting offence, I think the punishment has to be scaled up again accordingly.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
If i were a defender against him in a match, i'd examine the rear of his body and clothing covering it first of all to calculate my best way of entry of finger to anus in order to loosen his toothgrip if he had one of his turns and started nashing on my fleshiest jowl.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Biting is a no no, wherever it is, on a football pitch or on the street. This isn't just the act of elbowing someone out of anger or frustration, but something as dirty as this which people would look at with disgust even if it was in a fight.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
The Independent have just posted an article about Suarez trying to bite Chiellini in the Confederations Cup last year.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...fender-during-the-2014-world-cup-9561799.html

Suarez-Chiellini-2013-2.jpg

How very odd...

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
If he was a dog going around doing that he would have been put down by now, disgusting creature

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
he has the look of Nosfaratu
the **** should never be allowed on a football field again

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
This is his third vicious, personal attack on a fellow footballer with an action that has nothing to with tackling.

I think it should also be remembered that this is the THIRD time he has been caught on film biting an opponent. A serial offender of anything would not continue if he got caught every time, so how many times has he done the same thing but not been seen? The man is one of the lowest of the low....

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Just don't understand why anyone in any walk of life would attempt to bite someone. To do it several times in front of tv cameras that have super slow mo in hi def etc.
Just crazy. Great footballer, but easy to dislike.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
On football weekly someone was saying the longest ban implemented by FIFA was 8 matches for an elbow by Mauro Tassotti causing a broken nose, as this didn't cause any actual harm I can't really see them implementing anything longer then that.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Apparently he's been quoted as saying 'these things happen on a football pitch, no need to make a big deal out of it'

Throw the book at him I say, longest possible ban.. One time is perhaps a mad moment, twice is vile but THREE times? No words.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here