Suarez BITES again - ***Update: Luis Suarez banned from ALL football for 4 months***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Well Woy refused to let him player at the WC

But for Ricky Lambert he must be smiling today With the biter banned for 4 months I guess the fairy tale continues for him, could be first team football for Liverpool

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
[yt]WxU-cQvmi-k[/yt]

Apologies if its already been posted

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Interesting point on the BBC website. If you or I bit a fellow fan at a match we would almost definitely get a banning order for a few years and possibly even prosecuted for assault. Strange how a filthy rich player gets away with a 4 month ban.
That's just football life unfortunately. Similar to behaviour of stewards vs fans. Steward assaults someone, no action taken. Fan stands up too much, fan gets banned.

Part of football's rich history of double standards.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I don't think its dangerous in the slightest. Footballers should be treated like any other profession. If I had a full time job and did another job on the weekend freelance, if I assault someone on my weekend job and go to jail its not as if I can still do my original job. This isn't a question of what fair to Liverpool. The fact is he bitten another human and he's paying the price, it just so happens that Liverpool have to take the collateral damage. Liverpool can't be angry at FIFA, only Suarez.

I think that's spot on.

I would like to see FIFA agreeing that pool don't have to pay his wages as well

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
Cant liverpool just sack Suarez for gross misconduct if they're THAT bothered. they wont get any money for him, but they had plenty of chances to get rid, he'd shown his hand, they knew what he was like. As my old man would say, tough titties.

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
The referee should speak harshly to any player seen biting another player.
If the same player is caught biting other players a yellow card should be brandished.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Suarez BITES again - ***Update: Luis Suarez banned from ALL football for 4 m...

Well Woy refused to let him player at the WC

But for Ricky Lambert he must be smiling today With the biter banned for 4 months I guess the fairy tale continues for him, could be first team football for Liverpool

Good call, £10 e/w done with BetVictor still at 66s currently premier league top scorer. Suarez misses first 13 for Liverpool

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Cant liverpool just sack Suarez for gross misconduct if they're THAT bothered. they wont get any money for him, but they had plenty of chances to get rid, he'd shown his hand, they knew what he was like. As my old man would say, tough titties.

So sack someone who they can sell for £60+ million?

If they were to sack him, Suarez goes to barca or Madrid as a free agent, so pockets a huge signing on fee, and Liverpool get nothing.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012

If they were to sack him, Suarez goes to barca or Madrid as a free agent, so pockets a huge signing on fee, and Liverpool get nothing.

i literally could not care less what liverpool get out of this. If they're that bothered about paying his wages and not being able to field one of their players, they can sack him and stop whining.

Things come in threes, so far, of the hilarious things that can happen to Liverpool, two have happened.
They bottled the premier league
They've lost their star player for the start of next years campaign, hopefully derailing their whole season
i wait with baited breath to see the third

I am so happy this love in with liverpool that happened last year is crashing and burning

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Liverpool are stuck with him now. There's no one who would splash out 60mill on him. In a way it guarantees that he'll be on Merseyside next season whereas he would be off to Real otherwise.

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit

It's tough shit for Liverpool. If you employ a liability, you risk him ****ing up anytime. Not just when he's at work for you.

It happens in amateur football all the time. You get banned for an offence playing on a Sunday and it applies for your main team on a Saturday also.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Liverpool are stuck with him now. There's no one who would splash out 60mill on him. In a way it guarantees that he'll be on Merseyside next season whereas he would be off to Real otherwise.

Clubs will still queue up for player of his ability, despite him being a liability. Last season he missed a load of games but was still only just beaten to top spot. Liverpool would have won the league if he'd played all season

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Hopefully FIFA's appeals process only allows increase or reduction and they massively increase the ban. Uruguay's FA are setting a very bad example.

Don't forget, no member of the Uruguayan team or officials saw anything happen between the two players and are convinced that this is some weird fabrication by the British media corps. Maybe they all need to be taken in to a little booth one at a time and forced to sit and watch the incident again until they realise what Suarez has done. It's incredible but the whole of Uruguay seems to be in total denial.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
"Everyone knows what they've done to Luis. They wanted him out of the World Cup. Perfect, they did it. They chucked him out of there like a dog." Lila Piriz Da Rosa, Suarez's grandmother.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28053513

So, she's claiming it's a conspiracy. :lolol: Any of our resident conspiracy theorists like to agree with her, or is this one just too absurd?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
The longer this goes on, the more I'm finding the Uruguayan reaction more distasteful than the offence itself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports