Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Stuff that never happens in football anymore

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Players staying on their feet after a robust challenge rather than already starting to fall over as they anticipate (minimal) contact that we see nowadays

Baldrick

Aug 24, 2020
Reliant Robins parked by a corner flag

1671544705276.png

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
‘Vinnie Jones Ball’

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
White coated gentlemen lobbing peanuts into the crowd ...or am I getting confused with the Opera ?

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
White coated gentlemen lobbing peanuts into the crowd ...or am I getting confused with the Opera ?
Or at the entrance to A&E during the ambulance strike :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Do The National Front newspaper seller's still hang around northern lower league grounds?
You mean like Elland Road?

Not anymore thankfully (at least judging from lack of comment from a mate of mine who follows a tier 6 side home and away).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Commentators without egos even bigger than the players on the pitch, who didn’t babble in a relentless, breathless, highly excitable manner which makes the game nearly unwatchable.
Try turning your 'device' off, when you're at the Amex.

Serious reply: commentators were dull and cliché ridden until the breath of fresh air, sadly hounded out of a job, that was Alan Green.

I remember Maurice Edelstone and Bryon Butler banging on about what a 'cheekie chappie' Johnnie Giles was, on radio 2 in around 1971. Christ.

getz

Jan 15, 2010
Being touched up by a paedo in the south stand. I can see his face now 70 years on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here