Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stuff like marmite

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I must disagree in most strongest terms. Vegemite is a far superior product. Thankfully supermarkets have realised this.

I once worked with an Australian who couldn't find it in the shops. I presented him with a jar a few days later, and his happiness was complete. He went to Australia for a visit not long after and brought me back some 'stubby holders'. Along with the various antipodean imports this ranks amongst their best.

*note to self* Disregard any thing Brighton Lines says from now on.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Have a thumbs down.

I've been much liking your posts, in general, but that is a SHOCKER. Vegemite is just a jar of black SALT. :nono:

I would like to say sorry for my inaccurate and miss-leading assertion that Marmite is not as wholesome a product as Vegemite. Vegemite is not superior, it is overwhelmingly superior.

I suggest a single stump, one over contest, to settle this matter. Loser has to eat the abhorant sandwich of the winners choice.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
I've eaten marmite all my life,but about 6months ago after my usual breakfast of toast and marmite within 5mins was struggling to breath and weezing something cronic. Wasn't sure what the cause was at the time but same thing happened the following day. How can you suddenly become allergic to something?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I would like to say sorry for my inaccurate and miss-leading assertion that Marmite is not as wholesome a product as Vegemite. Vegemite is not superior, it is overwhelmingly superior.

I suggest a single stump, one over contest, to settle this matter. Loser has to eat the abhorant sandwich of the winners choice.

Brave call. I'm pretty accurate...

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Some people say Vegemite is like Marmite. Those people are wrong. Marmite is amazing and Vegemite is a vile Australian fraud.

Gotta disagree with you on that one Bozza. For MY taste Vegemite is less salty and on toast,thinly spread with thinly sliced banana on top, well, snack of the gods IMHO.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here