Study Support Centres

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
Does anyone know how much Albion have spent on these so far - it strikes me that we can afford to pay for these and do all of the media work but cannot afford money to strengthen the first team.

I think that the priorities are all tits up - surely providing a decent team for the paying public comes above giving 13 OAP's the oppotunity to learn how to write to their grandchildren in MS WORD?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
You would rather deprive these people???

It is important for the club to attract fans, and solidify themselves as a pillar of the community. By helping people they raise their profile, as well as giving something back to the community.

This is very important aspect of a football club.

Last edited:

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
But surely the prime objective of our existance is to deliver a successful football team - once the new stadium is in place and we have the capacity to support these people then I'm all for it - but when we are lead to believe that the club has no money - why is it involved in this sort of thing?

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
I'm also pretty sure that the facilities are financed by grants from Lottery etc. They do a hell of a lot of good work, help raise our profile in the community, and were probably a factor in the planning application for the COMMUNITY stadium at Falmer that gave us ammunition in the public enquiry. I don't think that there is any down side.

Buckingham

Feb 23, 2004
Brighton
The study support centres are funded by European Social Fund money granted to the club by the Sussex Learning and Skills Council. This is not related in the slightest to the money McGhee has to spend on players. As and when we get Falmer, part of the criteria laid down by prescott is we continue (and expand) this very valuable work in the community. Just ask Charlie how valuable it is...

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Buckingham said:
The study support centres are funded by European Social Fund money granted to the club by the Sussex Learning and Skills Council. This is not related in the slightest to the money McGhee has to spend on players. As and when we get Falmer, part of the criteria laid down by prescott is we continue (and expand) this very valuable work in the community. Just ask Charlie how valuable it is...

Oh bugger. A reasonable explanation has ended that whinge. Better think of a new one quick.

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
Fair enough, if it is paid for completely in grants then it's good PR for the club.

As for the new winge, does the grant pay for the clubs employees time? If not, surely they would be better off looking for new players for that lardy jocko clown to play out of position.:jester:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
TrevorDove said:
Fair enough, if it is paid for completely in grants then it's good PR for the club.

As for the new winge, does the grant pay for the clubs employees time? If not, surely they would be better off looking for new players for that lardy jocko clown to play out of position.:jester:

You need to see a good optician to do something about your short sightedness.

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
bhaexpress said:
You need to see a good optician to do something about your short sightedness.

Oh I see, the 75 year old Grandad who has learnt how to use Powerpoint at the Albion Study Centre is the future of the club - don't talk bollocks.

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
I think you'll find that plans are afoot for the one at Withdean to shut down.

Someone I know goes to the computer study course there and the students were told about the impending closure.

Matter of a few months if I recall.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports