Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

students today

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
it appears to me as a man in my 30's that there are far too many studens on here.

i used to be student. getting pissed and laid was my number 1 priority. not posting on a message board.

so what is wrong with you sad fuckers? get a life. in a few years you will be chasing the shit stuff of work and stuff. so stop whinging and get boozing and piossbly shagging.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
it appears to me as a man in my 30's that there are far too many studens on here.

i used to be student. getting pissed and laid was my number 1 priority. not posting on a message board.

so what is wrong with you sad fuckers? get a life. in a few years you will be chasing the shit stuff of work and stuff. so stop whinging and get boozing and piossbly shagging.

What about the dull moments in between all that? Even if you were out boozing and shagging EVERY night of the year, you'd still have the days to fill considering there's bugger all work to do.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
If they gave students more of a loan, then I'm guessing they would be out more often!

Towards the end of a term I would find myself with next to no money. NSC combined with a few beers and Football Manager would be an excellent way of spending a lazy Saturday/Sunday.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I used to be a student. Constant research and project/essay writing were my only concern.Oh,sure,lots of my friends spent their money on debauchery,but not me.Oh no! Attend those lectures,work for those seminars.Wimmin?Wot wimmin?

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
What about the dull moments in between all that? Even if you were out boozing and shagging EVERY night of the year, you'd still have the days to fill considering there's bugger all work to do.

I wish.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008

What's it to you what people do. Just because people don't want to be putting themselves about on a regular basis doesn't make them boring, sad or have anything wrong just means we're not easy like some....

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Alternately get a proper job that will save you wasting yet another 5 years and end up asking me do you want that as a happy meal sir. :thumbsup:

Spider

Sep 15, 2007

To be fair, there isn't really. I'm a first year so obviously this year is famous for being a piece of piss, and considering I have 7 hours of lectures and about 1 essay to write a week, it's true that most of my time is spent doing whatever I want!

For the later years I know there's a lot more work and at times people get snowed under, but it still seems to come in fits and starts and I know plenty of people in the third year who still seem to have plenty of time to go out and hang round. I doubt that until the final year exams and handing in of coursework you're really looking at 40 hours a week of work, which is what a full time job is.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
To be fair, there isn't really. I'm a first year so obviously this year is famous for being a piece of piss, and considering I have 7 hours of lectures and about 1 essay to write a week, it's true that most of my time is spent doing whatever I want!

For the later years I know there's a lot more work and at times people get snowed under, but it still seems to come in fits and starts and I know plenty of people in the third year who still seem to have plenty of time to go out and hang round. I doubt that until the final year exams and handing in of coursework you're really looking at 40 hours a week of work, which is what a full time job is.

Depends where you are and what subject you are doing I guess. Im also a first year, and do at least 40 hours a week. I havent had a day off since i got here!!

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

What's it you how people spend their lives and who are you to judge what other people choose to do. Unbelievable.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
With about 5 hours of lectures a week, you can still go out and get pissed every night and still be bored shitless for most of the week.

There isn't much you can do on a university campus with no money other than watch tv or go on the internet!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Alternately get a proper job that will save you wasting yet another 5 years and end up asking me do you want that as a happy meal sir. :thumbsup:

Bitter, much?!

There are some of us who are studying real subjects in order to get jobs that we otherwise wouldn't stand a chance of getting. Though I am a Postgrad and it is a completely different kettle of fish to undergrad which was a bit of a doss. I did have around 10-12 pints last night though... and have several people trying to drag me out tonight.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Bitter, much?!

There are some of us who are studying real subjects in order to get jobs that we otherwise wouldn't stand a chance of getting. Though I am a Postgrad and it is a completely different kettle of fish to undergrad which was a bit of a doss. I did have around 10-12 pints last night though... and have several people trying to drag me out tonight.

Pub....later?

Proper subject?!?! :)

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
why is it unbelievable?

this is forum where people post their opinions on subjects they want, so get over yourself mate.

The guy you quoted was absolutely right. But if this a forum where people post their opinions, my opinion is that you were (maybe still are who knows) a male whore and if others don't want to put it about in the same way as you does not make them 'sad fuckers'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here