Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Student Life

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
would love to know the % that now work in jobs their degree is aimed for, and the % that owe the banks money from their interest based loans that paid for all the booze and pizza's?

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
would love to know the % that now work in jobs their degree is aimed for, and the % that owe the banks money from their interest based loans that paid for all the booze and pizza's?

All mine were: geology/petroleum geology = Oil exploration.
Came through nearly 8 years of university, debt free. The joys of LEA grants (late 80's/ear;y 90's) and oil company/NERC funded MSc/PhD.

cjwoolven

Jun 4, 2008
Just finished my first year of portsmouth uni, and it's been an amazing year. Moved out but still only being an hour away from home is ok albion-wise. Looking forward to next year already!

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Did mine the hard way - mature student part time for 5 years.
Uni of Brighton - 2:1 BA(Hons) Business Studies 1989-1994
And yes, I use loads of what I learned in those 5 years in my occupation - that why I choose the course.
Mature students obviously miss out on the "student life" but our reasons for being at uni are mostly very different to the "kids".

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
By fail I meant he got his 40%, but just...

He's doing international politics I believe. Yeah he has just moved out of halls, had some seriously messy times in them. This year he's moving into a 9 bedroom house full of lads...going to be messy.

Oh Lordy, he will be WASTED for 12 months then!

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I'm currently at University of Exeter Cornwall Campus which is great. Main memories of this year have generally been nights out and hearing about nights out and stuff.

Studying...yEAh

Tell me your not referring to Marjon.... I was there 2000-03. Brilliant times, but despite being yay close to Torpoint, I'd NEVER refer to it as Cornwall. You'd get lynched for saying less :D

wizo7

Man Met Massive
Dec 17, 2008
Bolney
Manchester Met 2007-2011.
4 amazing years spent oop north.
Wouldn't change it for the world...wish I was still there now.

Oct 25, 2003
on the Eastbourne campus by chance?

I'll be third year by the time you start in September. Good luck with shorthand, it may ruin your social life. :thumbsup:

yeah i am, will be staying in brighton though

as for shorthand, i did a nctj diploma last year (fast track) and already have 60 wpm....hopefully in 3 years i can get up to 100 or over......(went from 0-60 in 5 months so should be ok)

how has the course been so far? i'm REALLY looking forward to it i must say

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I don't remember any real rivalry with Hull or YSJ (other then trying to look down on them!) I assume you are familiar with the the Roses weekend in May? That's when the Lancaster thing really comes to light.

Yeah I'm aware of roses (lancaster won this year :() but there is also Varsity with Hull and yeah, the YSJ thing is just snobbery :lolol:

Southstandfaithful

Oct 22, 2010
H Heath
University of Surrey - 1988 to 1991 BSc Psychology 2:2

Had a fantastic time. I was pretty shy before i went but made a load of new friends and became a lot more confident.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
All mine were: geology/petroleum geology = Oil exploration.
Came through nearly 8 years of university, debt free. The joys of LEA grants (late 80's/ear;y 90's) and oil company/NERC funded MSc/PhD.

wow, and in all those years studying how the oil business works, and it's affects on the earth, socially, and environmentally. you still ended up working in the oil (profit, pollution, and war) industry.

was that education or a form of indoctrination?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Just finishing my third from final term at the University of Buckingham studying Communications and Journalism
According to the Guardian it is the 16th best Uni in the country. It isn't.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Cambridge - Corpus Christi College - 1995 - 1998

Used to love punting on the Cam with a few lovelies and jugs of Pimms

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
I'm at Manchester now and had the best 1st year of my life :)

Im working in Disneyworld this summer for 3 months in Florida then back for 2nd year

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here