Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stubborn Staff in the Superstore

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
On the plus side, I got to my seat in the WSU today to find a bag on it containing a birthday card (addressed to me, don't worry: I didn't steal one off some kid) and a lovely new scarf. I was really rather thrilled with this small but very nice gesture. I love the Albion sometimes :) :clap2:

<braces self for Ernest's next thread>

So what does one have to do, to be worthy of a hand delivered to one's seat birthday card and prezzie, one wonders?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
So what does one have to do, to be worthy of a hand delivered to one's seat birthday card and prezzie, one wonders?

I've no idea! It was- ahem- a fairly big birthday I guess. Maybe it was that, like they send kids a shirt on their seventh birthday, sort of thing.

I had actually bought myself a new scarf on Christmas Eve as my old one was getting a bit shabby, but, y'know, I'm more than happy for them to give me another one gratis :)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Well it was signed "from all at Brighton & Hove Albion" in the card, which was hand-written.

I'm not suggesting there was any sort of magical, Santa Claus style hand at work here, but as far as I know, nobody I go to games with had organised it. Maybe it was just a case of randomly plucking me off the database as somebody (no doubt one of many!) on the ST holder list who had a birthday last week...but I don't care, as I have a FREE new scarf and a birthday card. Which makes me feel like an excitable ten year old all over again :lol:

You do realise people will be complaining if they do not get the same treatment.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Well it was signed "from all at Brighton & Hove Albion" in the card, which was hand-written.

I'm not suggesting there was any sort of magical, Santa Claus style hand at work here, but as far as I know, nobody I go to games with had organised it. Maybe it was just a case of randomly plucking me off the database as somebody (no doubt one of many!) on the ST holder list who had a birthday last week...but I don't care, as I have a FREE new scarf and a birthday card. Which makes me feel like an excitable ten year old all over again :lol:

IT was my birthday last week, I didn't get one :nono:

I was happy with the 3 points though :)

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I've no idea! It was- ahem- a fairly big birthday I guess. Maybe it was that, like they send kids a shirt on their seventh birthday, sort of thing.

I had actually bought myself a new scarf on Christmas Eve as my old one was getting a bit shabby, but, y'know, I'm more than happy for them to give me another one gratis :)

Are you due a telegram from Her Maj too? :bowdown:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
It was my birthday this week but clearly I've been SINGLED out for this awful treatment.

I will now SULK for maybe 8 mins before GETTING over IT

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

It was an even bigger birthday for me last month and I didn't even get a free bag of Werthers. I'm going to sulk for longer than ROSM :)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Are you due a telegram from Her Maj too? :bowdown:

I think you get a full kit on that birthday, along with a couple of Albion gnomes and a holographic car sticker.

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
It's a difficult one. Recently I received a stroppy email from the club asking why my under16 wasn't occupying her seat in the family stand and were we committing fraud. I explained she was very poorly ad they offered to arrange a player visit! I suggested a card instead and they sent a lovely Bruno signed shirt. Amazing!

But why restrict returns on match days without telling people?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It was my birthday this week but clearly I've been SINGLED out for this awful treatment.

I will now SULK for maybe 8 mins before GETTING over IT

I have clearly stirred up a HORNET'S nest.

Somebody phone Zaha, quickly!

My wife bought me a Nike sweatshirt by mailorder from the club superstore for xmas. Unfortunately after trying it on it wasn't the right size.

So I took it back this morning to swap it for one a size larger. However, although they had plenty on the rail in the required size, when I took it to the check out l was told, 'sorry, no returns on matchdays'.

So despite the fact there was hardly anyone else in the store, and both the returned item and the new item both had the same value, the staff could not, or would not help, saying come back later in the week and we'll do it.

Well that's all well and good if your don't have to work, but miost of us do! It's a shame a liitle common sense couldn't have been applied.

I suppose you would rather we were still playing at Withdean in front of 6,000:facepalm:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I suppose you would rather we were still playing at Withdean in front of 6,000:facepalm:

As opposed to wishing we were still playing at the Goldstone in front of 7,000?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here