Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stuart Pearce: Nottingham Forest confirm Reds legend as boss

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
it wasn't too shabby, got to the U21 finals in 2009 and his win rate was in the 50%'s. actually that's pretty decent.

Maybe. I just remember his role with the U21's sort of fizzled out.

I think going to Forest is a sensible move for the club and himself though, and it gives him a great opportunity to step up to the plate.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I forgot the marvellous detail of STRIKER John Mackem remaining on the bench! Good recapping Hans, good recapping.

No excuses for him to do that at Forest if he is chasing victory against us in the last few minutes -he'll have approximately SEVEN Championship standard strikers on the bench to choose from, not just one.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Premier League - Fewest goals scored at home in a season: 10, Manchester City (2006–07). Manager - Stuart Pearce

Olympic Squad 2012 - In Marvin Sordell, Out David Beckham. Manager - Stuart Pearce

Loving this appointment...

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
I think he is OK. He has passion in abundance and will do a decent enough job. Expect some interesting quotes for the journos. Football is all the better for guys like him.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Ah, passion. Tim Sherwood's got passion. Bob Booker had passion. Kevin Keegan had lots of passion.

Seagull Crow

Sep 3, 2012
I'm not sure it's a case of whether he's up to it or it. He's going to have a very difficult job, especially if they fail to go up via the play-offs (which is looking likely). Notting Forest are likely to get hammered by Financial Fair Play, which means Pearce will be stepping into a team facing a transfer embargo. Not sure too many managers would want to take that on.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I can assure you that I am far from stupid but I do not rate Pearce at all and think he is a coaching dinosaur. We'll see who is the stupid one next season won't we.
indeed ...we can beg to differ...i think he is exactly what a team like forest need.....it would be like jimmy case coming back to manage us...!!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Surely just an opinion and that's okay, right? I'm in the camp that thinks he's not up to it. I may be proved wrong however that doesn't make me really, really, stupid.
...wait and see eh...? i think he'll do o.k...! there are a lot of blokes on here who love to take the piss out of our opposition , whilst we are dishing up the dross of the last three games before blackburn , i dont see any need for piss taking at all........specially as i am now about 3.5 k out of pocket , it has been a hard season to deal with to be honest...!!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I think he is OK. He has passion in abundance and will do a decent enough job. Expect some interesting quotes for the journos. Football is all the better for guys like him.

All true. Apart from the "will do a decent enough job" bit, obviously.

His problem is that he's more than a bit THICK.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I'm not sure it's a case of whether he's up to it or it. He's going to have a very difficult job, especially if they fail to go up via the play-offs (which is looking likely). Notting Forest are likely to get hammered by Financial Fair Play, which means Pearce will be stepping into a team facing a transfer embargo. Not sure too many managers would want to take that on.

I thought their scam fell within the FFP rules if only because the rules are silent on a Chairman's company providing £millions of sponsorship dosh?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
...wait and see eh...? i think he'll do o.k...! there are a lot of blokes on here who love to take the piss out of our opposition , whilst we are dishing up the dross of the last three games before blackburn , i dont see any need for piss taking at all........specially as i am now about 3.5 k out of pocket , it has been a hard season to deal with to be honest...!!

I wasn't taking the piss and the poster you quoted didn't seem to be either. How well Brighton are doing has absolutely no bearing at all on whether we think Pearce will do a good job. Personally, I wish him well, I always admired him as a player, England could do with more like him.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Ah, passion. Tim Sherwood's got passion. Bob Booker had passion. Kevin Keegan had lots of passion.

Mourinho's got passion, Alex Ferguson had passion, Klopp has passion, Diego Simone has passion

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This appointment looks to me like a classic case of "Dodgy chairman appoints former playing legend to appease fans".

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I have a passion for catching fish

but I am shit at it

I have a passion for Led Zep and have a guitar

I am crap at the guitar

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here