Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stuart Pearce as clueless as Hyypia

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The quote of the day from friday's fiver email:

“I don’t feel my job hinges on the result at Derby. I don’t think it does, no … One minute you can be a fantastic manager in people’s eyes, the next you can be written off” – deluded Nottingham Forest boss Stuart Pearce gives himself a vote of confidence before tomorrow’s Derby derby, while also mistaking himself for a fantastic manager at some point in his career.​

thisistips

Oct 17, 2010
Away away away
What a tosser Danny Mills is to say those things. Imagine if your former colleagues did that about you in the national press.

I looked up Pearce on Wikipedia. He started at Wealdstone. A true psycho raider.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wonder how accurate the new manager syndrome is?
It's not like we have to look far to see it in action.

I doubt it's new manager syndrome, more like 'competent manager syndrome' or 'not as shithouse as the last manager syndrome'.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
They play Derby this weekend. Could be wrong but didn't Billy Davies lose his job at Forest as a result of a defeat against Derby? Could be a bad weekend for Pearce. I hope they keep him, personally. And that Millwall persist with Holloway. Both doing marvellous jobs as far as I'm concerned.

Yes he did after they lost 5-0, and Nigel Clough was sacked after the reverse fixture earlier in the season.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
My mate is a Forest fan; says the Derby fans didn't want Pearce sacked before today's game as they want to beat them well and then see him booted out. Just like Davies.

So it's a nailed on draw then.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
They play Derby this weekend. Could be wrong but didn't Billy Davies lose his job at Forest as a result of a defeat against Derby? Could be a bad weekend for Pearce. I hope they keep him, personally. And that Millwall persist with Holloway. Both doing marvellous jobs as far as I'm concerned.
i thought this as well. I'd be surprised if he's still in a job after today.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I hope he survives until we play them, and after the match against us that he has to go.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
1-0 HT to Derby

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
If ever there were a manager hired by the heart rather than the head, it's Pearce. A poor manager at all levels and routinely found out to be so.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
You cant compare him to sami as he showes passion. Some on here just won't have it.:rolleyes:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I've said similar things for ages about him, despite many on here wanting him to manage us. So-called "passion" gets you virtually nowhere. It works with the youngsters, i.e. under 21s, because he can bully and intimidate them, but anyone else will see right through him. Hopefully this puts it to bed for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here