Stuart Hall Charged...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
How did most of these geezers avoid detection and bag an OBE or what-have-you? Surely there must have been a variety of complicit parties involved.

I am struggling to understand how a 9 year old would subjected to the company of these 'BBC stars', yet detection avoided.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I didn't believe it either when I read the other thread yesterday.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
More and more women are coming forward and alleging that they were sexually abused 30/40/50 years ago. I find it amazing that these ' misdemeanours ' didn't come to light sooner. Did they report them at the time and it was hushed up or did they just stay quiet.
It doesn't feel right to me that all these people are now coming out of the woodwork years and years after the events and naming names, whilst maintaining their complete anonymity. I am not condoning what went on, just a bit puzzled that it seems to have become a bandwagon for people to jump on. Being cynical, is it financially driven or have all these people suppressed their suffering for years and this is a chance to purge themselves.
Stuart Hall was a surprise but at the rate that people are making allegations, I am sure he is not the last high profile name that will be exposed.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Having met Mr Hall on a couple of occasions I've always considered him an objectional arse, but still surprised by this news. This wasn't why I never liked him!

The idolisation of celebrities has always allowed certain people with certain tendencies to get away with things and the groupie-type thing justified it in the heads of the victims. Sometimes its years later before it become obvious to the victim that they are actually a victim and so they stand up and make an almost unprovable accusation and fight an unpleasant battle to get their voice heard. OR, something big comes along and its not one voice, but a crowd of voices shouting and suddenly it quite believable that all the voices were victims and something was happening.

It is a "band-wagon", but the best possible kind and IMHO only a tiny proportion of legitimate claims are made for financial reasons rather than just using it as a chance to say what happened. All of the false claims will be for financial reasons!

People still idolise celebrities, and so I remain positive that there will always been a string of accusations coming out over the years about current and future celebs having abused their position, just as old has-beens are now under the spotlight!

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
And now Max Clifford!!

BBC News - Max Clifford arrested in sex offences investigation

Max Clifford, one of the UK's leading public relations experts, has been arrested by detectives investigating historic sex offences.

The BBC understands that Mr Clifford was arrested by Metropolitan Police officers working on Operation Yewtree.

Scotland Yard said officers had arrested a man in his 60s on suspicion of sexual offences and had taken him to central London police station.

Max Clifford is one of the most influential figures in British media.

He is the the sixth person to be questioned as part of the operation.

The Metropolitan Police launched Operation Yewtree to investigate historic allegations of sex offences after revelations that the late Jimmy Savile had abused young people during his broadcasting career.

The operation has three strands.

One is looking specifically at the actions of Jimmy Savile and the second strand concerns allegations against "Savile and others". The separate third strand relates to alleged complaints against other people unconnected to the Jimmy Savile investigations. Scotland Yard said the man arrested on Thursday morning had been arrested as part of this last separate category of the operation.

HalifaxSeagull

Aug 24, 2010
And now Max Clifford!!

BBC News - Max Clifford arrested in sex offences investigation

Max Clifford, one of the UK's leading public relations experts, has been arrested by detectives investigating historic sex offences.

The BBC understands that Mr Clifford was arrested by Metropolitan Police officers working on Operation Yewtree.

Scotland Yard said officers had arrested a man in his 60s on suspicion of sexual offences and had taken him to central London police station.

Max Clifford is one of the most influential figures in British media.

He is the the sixth person to be questioned as part of the operation.

The Metropolitan Police launched Operation Yewtree to investigate historic allegations of sex offences after revelations that the late Jimmy Savile had abused young people during his broadcasting career.

The operation has three strands.

One is looking specifically at the actions of Jimmy Savile and the second strand concerns allegations against "Savile and others". The separate third strand relates to alleged complaints against other people unconnected to the Jimmy Savile investigations. Scotland Yard said the man arrested on Thursday morning had been arrested as part of this last separate category of the operation.

Bloody hell they're dropping like flies (as my dad used to say)!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports