Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stuart Broad - Should he have walked, or was he right to stand his ground?....

Was Broad right to stand his ground??

• Yes

Votes: 116 70.3%
  • No

Votes: 49 29.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I can see you have got a bit of a pendants hat on today. Are you seriously saying referee's in snooker effect a match as much as in cricket?

Anyway, snooker players don't cheat...just don't tell their bookies!!

You can't win. You say something that is wrong to try and prove whatever. I highlight the fact that it is wrong. You could say 'Oh, I didn't know'. But actually I'm a pedant. Where's that Wozza facepalm smilie...got it.

:wozza:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Told ya. Total surrender :)

It was more that having embarrassed you in highlighting the hypocrisy in your argument over the whole Broad thing, that I'd make the peace by making a little joke about snooker.

:whiteflag:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It was more that having embarrassed you in highlighting the hypocrisy in your argument over the whole Broad thing, that I'd make the peace by making a little joke about snooker.

:whiteflag:

As peace offerings go, that's up there with Chamberlain's bit of paper. I am not embarrassed at all. It's not me that is condoning or apologising for cheating. I will be seeing EXACTLY what some of you say the next time this issue crops up against England, and see how you all spin it then when it is Jonny Foreigner that is the worst offender.... and I know I could throw this back at people during the football season when they start howling about some injustice. If I could be bothered.

brixtonA23

Aug 5, 2011
As peace offerings go, that's up there with Chamberlain's bit of paper. I am not embarrassed at all. It's not me that is condoning or apologising for cheating. I will be seeing EXACTLY what some of you say the next time this issue crops up against England, and see how you all spin it then when it is Jonny Foreigner that is the worst offender.... and I know I could throw this back at people during the football season when they start howling about some injustice. If I could be bothered.

Tooting, Brixton. This is a love in for the Sarf London.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
.... and I know I could throw this back at people during the football season when they start howling about some injustice. If I could be bothered.
Apart from the fact that you and I have different views as to what constitutes cheating. But I shall be interested as to what you'd think in the following scenario: Ashley Barns is challenged in the penalty area, goes to ground, no thrashing around like Johnny Foreigner, but the ref gives a penalty nonetheless which Barnes converts. The defenders are furious as they say there was no contact. When we see the replays on TV later it's obvious there was no contact at all and the ref's decision was wrong. Will you be outraged that Barnes didn't go up to the ref at the time and tell him what really happened? Don't answer that now, let's see what happens this season.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
And if you say Haddin definitely knew (has he said that? I don't need to hear Broad say it) than yes it would apply to him too.

Would Haddin have really known though Hans, perhaps he thought he'd clipped his pad or something?

Granted, not always with bat-pad. But a nick in the syle of Haddin's, with the bat miles away from the body, you know. Haddin knew.

ahem.

IMG00975-20130717-1338.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here