Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stuart Attwell going to Euros on VAR duty

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Taylor has lost it since he was confronted by Roma fans and publicly slated by Mourinho. This season has seen him as thin skinned and over reacting to matters (note I am not defending Dunk here)

As for Attwell and Coote. Words fail me too

I do think Oliver is a sound choice

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Taylor to ref, with Atwell on VAR. Announced two days after the same pair produced one of the collective worst PL officiating performances of all time, at Everton on Sunday.

Well done everyone. Great process.
Attwell/Salisbury at Tottenham was the worst single refereeing performance I’ve ever seen in an Albion game since Phil Prosser at Withdean.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Attwell/Salisbury at Tottenham was the worst single refereeing performance I’ve ever seen in an Albion game since Phil Prosser at Withdean.
It remains an unbelievable event. I still struggle to believe there wasn't some sort of foul play involved. Every single decision went Spurs' way. VAR apparently couldn't get involved if the decision would be in Brighton's favour but suddenly had microscopic vision if it went Spurs way. I'm still cross.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Fortunately they can't ref England games I believe so that's an absolute result from our perspective

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Perhaps the Europeans will show them how to use VAR properly? Unlikely, I know - the referees and PGMOL seem impervious to criticism, always defending every action and insisting they're doing it right.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
It remains an unbelievable event. I still struggle to believe there wasn't some sort of foul play involved. Every single decision went Spurs' way. VAR apparently couldn't get involved if the decision would be in Brighton's favour but suddenly had microscopic vision if it went Spurs way. I'm still cross.
Same.

Genuinely think I will remember this game for the rest of my life.

You can use it as therapy though. If you are in a bad mood, watch the highlights back, and at least you know you aren't as angry as you were then. I still do not understand the foul on Mitoma.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Incredible.

Can only hope the VAR booth is in Germany and not here and that Attwell enjoys the beer and sausages so much he stays for life.

As for Anthony Taylor - he's shit every week :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here