Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Strongest team for the playoffs?

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Don't know why quite a few people seem to think Gus will rest a few on Saturday.

He's already said post Leeds (as seen on seagulls player) that he'll be playing his strongest team v Wolves so he's not seen to be influencing the relegation battle

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Don't know why quite a few people seem to think Gus will rest a few on Saturday.

He's already said post Leeds (as seen on seagulls player) that he'll be playing his strongest team v Wolves so he's not seen to be influencing the relegation battle

He said "strongest possible" - I think "possible" might be a key word. He might not see risking a number of players as a possibility with the playoffs looming.

ThePolishJig

Mar 21, 2013
Don't really see how you can post home and away, you never know we could win 5-0 away, and end up wanting to rest players?

PIG
Calderon Upson Greer Bridge
Bridcutt Vicente
Lopez
Buckley Orlandi
Ulloa

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Wolves staying up is a long shot even if they beat us. With 4th in the bag expect changes. It would be stupid to risk the spine of our team in a match that means nothing to us. Gus said he would play his strongest AVAILABLE team on Saturday. Expect a few niggly 'injuries' or 'tired' players at the weekend.

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
Pretty much that first team posted but for me, KAZ is the one they all fear, when on song he will win you the match now he has at last learnt that low crosses/shot are more dangerous than high ones.
Really looking forward to the play-off legs and just hoping no-one gets injured this Saturday. Think Gus has to put out a decent side though or we will get fined as our result is so important to many clubs at the bottom but everyone will understand if they don't go at it 100%, for us it's a nothing game (rather like the beating we took at Shrewsbury after winning the title under Adams)
I'd like to see Jake get some time in midfield and if winning, Barker or Dickenson given 25 mins or so up front to see if they can stand the 'heat' of a full blooded Championship game (after the 'non games' they usually get to play in).

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Wolves staying up is a long shot even if they beat us. With 4th in the bag expect changes. It would be stupid to risk the spine of our team in a match that means nothing to us. Gus said he would play his strongest AVAILABLE team on Saturday. Expect a few niggly 'injuries' or 'tired' players at the weekend.

I would love to win the last game, but agree totally with the points you make. Let's give ourselves the best chance in the playoffs. I am really excited and scared at the same time.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I would love to win the last game, but agree totally with the points you make. Let's give ourselves the best chance in the playoffs. I am really excited and scared at the same time.

Wolves are really poor, I think we will win on Saturday. And don't be scared - We have nothing to fear!

poidy

Aug 3, 2009

I honestly don't think we'll see wholesale changes. Painter in for Bridge perhaps. Lopez filling in for the suspended Calderon (I'm presuming Bruno is out after last weekend) and possibly Barnes up top to give Ulloa a rest. With that in mind I think the starting line up will be something like this:

PIG
Painter
Upson
Greer
Lopez
Hammond
Orlandi
Bridcutt
Buckley
Lua Lua
Barnes

Subs:
Ankergren
Crofts
Vicente
Forster Caskey
Ulloa
El Abd
Barker

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

It will all be about having our best players at the top of their fitness next Friday and Monday, and Gus will already have a program worked out with his medical and fitness teams.

This is the massive advantage we have over the team we'll play against, Gus will not throw it away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here